1 Month Today Since You Were Taken

axxl

It has been one month today since I tragically lost my 9 year old Koolie, Casper.

He was such a smart dog that he knew not to go on the road, that was until one Sunday during a storm when he escaped from his yard. He lost his life crossing the road at a school crossing. It hurts to think that he probably thought he would be safe crossing the road where he did, if only the driver had of seen him......if only......

I hope wherever you are Casper that you are happy and free......and you will forever remain in my memory. R.I.P

post-19-1129116073.jpg

I am so sorry the love of a Koolie dog is a great thing and I know how you feel 3 years and I still cry for my old friend Jess.

Casper was a lovely boy and I am sure he is up there playing with other Koolie dogs.

Ruth and the Koolie dogs

RIP CASPER

Edited by coolibahkoolies

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking of you and Casper Axxl.

I missed your post before as I've been ill.

He looks so handsome.

Nothing I say will help you but just know that "I understand".

He'll be waiting for you at the bridge.

There are nice people on this forum so if you need to talk...

R.I.P. Dear Casper :laugh:

Sam, Shelties, Coolies and cats.

Casper did not leave to die,

He only gained his wings to fly.

Thankyou to all that have replied. Not a day goes by that I dont think of my boy. I try not to blame myself for what happened to him, but being his 'mum' I know deep down that it was me that should have kept him safe. It was so hard to live without him after he was gone. The silence, the 'doggy' parts of my day that weren't there anymore, his toys and food, it was all too much and I needed another furry friend. Getting Holly, my GR puppy was a hard thing to do, I felt like I was replacing him. I did get her too early though, I wasnt ready, she frustrated me and wasnt anything like Casper. I loved him more than I realised, each day for 9 years he spent with me and then he was gone. It was total shock.

Holly has been with me for 8 weeks tomorrow and although she is nothing like Casper, and probably will never be, she has her own personality and charm that makes me happy again. She is helping in the healing process and has shown me that it is possible to love again.

Hey Axxl,

Most of us blame ourselves for either doing something or not doing something when we lose someone we love.

A natural part of grief is for us to need a reason and to need to blame something or someone.

When no one is to blame, that's not good enough for us so we blame ourselves even though we didn't purposely cause the loss.

There have been times in the past when my animals have been hurt in some way and of course I've felt dreadful because I should or shouldn't have done something.

As for thinking we can replace them, I lost a dog about 6 years ago. She was my special mate and it was hard to cope without her.

I asked my friend who bred her to let me know as soon as she was breeding a litter who were related to the dog I'd lost.

She did that and I now have my dog's great niece. Not only that, I even called her the same name because I couldn't bear never calling out her name again!!!!

That's pretty crook on my part but you know what? Apart from being the same breed, related and having the same name, she is NOTHING like her great aunt!!!

Give Holly a chance. It's early days yet.

Take care.

Sam, Shelties, Coolies and cats. :confused: