K9 Force Vic Workshop

Loved it :whiteflag:

Huge thankyou to Steve and also to LL for having us!

Appologies to the DOLer's whom were there and I did not get to meet, I tend to just focus on Loki when I have him out and forget my manners :)

Loved everyone's dogs they were gorgeous! Just so you all know, Loki isn't always how he was today. In a place he is comfortable with if there is no people or things he doesn't know well he is a normal dog. Very active and confident, all grins and keen to do anything, especially jumping :o

Thanks again!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, fantastic!

At the end steve did some bite sorta work and building of drive with a bite bar thing and Gouki took to it well.

He also tried a prong collar on him and I nearly cried how well he walked, heeled and sat, so I just had to buy one!

I took the prong collar home and tried it on my pei, while I was walking and sitting with my pei, Gouki came over and heeled alongside him and sat etc without me even calling him, offlead! Never had to jerk the collar once with either of them! Excellent!

(and just incase u didnt know, neither of my dogs have done any obedience ever or heeled in their lives!)

Some very cute dogs there and I loved how timid Loki was, and his mouse whiskers!

Jyra also looks great in a scary way when barking etc she would scare me if she was trained in bitework etc!

And Hagrid, how devoted to his mum! He shook the whole time she was gone and I was invisible to him!

Edited by phatdex

Just wanted to add my thanks too to Lablover for hosting and to K9 for presenting.

I've got heaps to think about ... and heaps more to learn, of course. This has been a fantastic 'restart' to my dogs' training!

It was great to meet a few DOLers and put names to faces for others who's posts I've been reading for ages. The dogs were all gorgeous and amazingly well behaved.

Looking forward to doing it all again. When are you coming back K9? Next time I'll definitely bring one (or both!) of my nutty kelpies x's.

Julie thanks again for sharing your home & hospitality with us all. Steve....what can i say... :whiteflag:

It was nice meeting you all and your beautiful puppies.... now i just have to absorb everything i've learnt

Phatex...isnt the prong a wonderful tool

Haven ... your Loki was beautiful

sounds as tho it was a great success any pics anyone?????? id love to go to one one day think dodge and i would really benefit

phatadex i nearly cried when i read ur post... sounds as tho u guys acheived a lot well done

Wow Phatdex, I didn't realise your dog had never done any obedience and heeling! It looked impressive, but now that I know that I'm even more impressed, he was even giving you some great focus!

yep, he has done nothing effectively, just puppy school for 4 weeks and thats it.

yes, and thanks to Lab lover and Steve.

I was soooo taken aback by Gouki walking with Steve, if anyone looked at me I would have looked very stupid grinning ear to ear and with a tear in my eye. Couldnt believe it after 30 seconds of walkinghe was doing everything asked of him!

Great to meet most of you today, and thanks to Steve and Julie (love your place!). Thought everyone's dogs were quite well behaved - certainly some cuties there! Glad i left my brats at home though. Most of the drive stuff was quite new to me, so i really had to conentrate! :whiteflag:

I don't know if anyone noticed, but a lot of the time when we were sitting down, Jyra was catching flies, or attempting to. What I found highly amusing was that even when Jyra was lying on her back in her relaxed, undignified upside down position, she was STILL snapping at flies!! What a nutty dog!

Just wanted to say a hugmongous thanx to Julie and Steve, i had to run to catch the next workshop so didnt get to really say thanx. I love ur property Julie it was such a beautiful place and great energy there. Was great meeting everyone. Julie i think you have a friend for life in Chi after all those yummy massages!!! It was great just to have her in that situation. Im still assimulating all the info and i think it will be a while before i relly sort it out in my head! Has created some great directions of thought so ill be interested to see where it leads to:) Thanx again.

Edited by Akitagal

.....And he didnt stop crying the whole presentation I think!

I can vouch for that, great big sooky la la in my ear all day :laugh: thats when he wasn't trying to get on my knee or in my bag. He was beautiful. I must add my thanks to Julie and Steve, what a great day and so much to think about. My head is still spinning & can't stop talking 'dog'. Nice to meet all the dolers - funny how the faces never match what you have imagined after reading so many posts - not that it was a disappointment at all :(

Julie how did the video turn out? Congratulations on your training with your labs too, very impressive black boy, sorry forget his name - great demo.

I loved the two pitbulls!  Such ambasadors for their "vicious child killer" breed...

Yeah ..... we were all so scared :laugh:

Thanx also from me, Julie and Steve. It was both an informative and pleasant day (lucky with the weather too). I didn't miss being at work one little bit. :) Oh .... and I hope no-one minded all my questions (typical Erny trait, I'm afraid :( )

Edited by Erny