Pulling My Hair Out At The Moment

Axel

Hi Axel

As HR & Erny said. ;)

Plus....try to see your dog as a 16 or 17 year old adolescent male human who has just found his testosterone!!! This will make it easier for you to know what you are dealing with at the moment.

My suggestion is strictly stick to a NILIF program and continue your obedience training without fail. Don't give him an inch of "space" if you know what I mean.

Oh I am sure Aunty Dawn would love to have him... and im sure he would love to be spoilt by aunty dawn :mad

OK... have started NILF seems to be going ok... he walks up and automatically sits for pats now.. but when he does that i make him drop or stand stay or something first.. ;) is that right??

also took his toys out of the backyard and replaced with a kong that he gets when i go to work and i bring it in after i finish work.. then i have a game with his dumbell for a while and than i take that off him for bed times..

he is still sleepin inside tho :rofl:

the pulling on the walks is still a prob.. to the extent of i get half way down the street, he doesnt listen, i go home again... hes too strong..

thought we had gotten out of his leash pulling :mad

but behaviour around the house has gotten better :mad

Axel, I definitely don't think that his behaviour is due to any changes, especially since these changes occurred 4 month ago.

Continue with the NILIF program, it can take up to 4 weeks before you see true changes - dependant on the dog.

Do you attend obedience, if not, I recommend that you enrol soon as this will further your leadership stance with your dog.

I say this through experience with my 11 yo GSD male. He was quite a handful when I got him at 2 yrs old and with him weighing 48kg and me weighing 45kg, there was certainly a battle of wills.

Hang in there!