Epilepsy

Meg_Ed

oh meg sorry to hear that...

I will certainly take note of your warning. maxi is ready for a blood test this week and i am going to have a liver value done at the same time.

Our love and wishes are with you and we hope that you have WONDERFUL happy memories of your time with Eddie.

all our best wishes to you

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear about Eddie Megs. RIP little fella. :D

I found this thread cause I was researching epilepsy. The people who took my 10 yr old foster rang last night to say he had a seizure yesterday. He was ok after but it doesn't sound good. The poor old fella, he's been through what seems to be a tough life, then the pound, was rescued, desexed and flown interstate....he just landed on his feet with the best home and now he might have epilepsy :o . He's a lovely natured dog. They are waiting on blood test results.

Sorry to hear about Eddie Megs. RIP little fella. :D

I found this thread cause I was researching epilepsy. The people who took my 10 yr old foster rang last night to say he had a seizure yesterday. He was ok after but it doesn't sound good. The poor old fella, he's been through what seems to be a tough life, then the pound, was rescued, desexed and flown interstate....he just landed on his feet with the best home and now he might have epilepsy :o . He's a lovely natured dog. They are waiting on blood test results.

At 10 years of age I would be more inclined to think it is not epilepsy but another condition that is bringing on the seizures - perhaps related to the thyroid or a tumour somewhere?

I have a question for dolers experienced with canine epilepsy but I think I'll start a new thread................. it is about the power of talking.

Hi Puggles, unfortunately his health history is not known at all. Maybe he was taken to the pound because of seizures? The pound musn't have been informed or he wouldn't have gone to rescue. He had no sign of it in the 6 weeks he was with me. Hopefully the blood tests will reveal a cause.

Hi Puggles, unfortunately his health history is not known at all. Maybe he was taken to the pound because of seizures? The pound musn't have been informed or he wouldn't have gone to rescue. He had no sign of it in the 6 weeks he was with me. Hopefully the blood tests will reveal a cause.

I hope the results are all good news Kaye. It osunds like the poor bugger is overdue for the good times in his life.

He is Puggles (overdue for good times). My lovely lab passed away last year, he was pretty special (of course!) This dog, Pascoe has the best temperarament I have ever seen in a dog. If the epilepsy had showed up earlier he would not have been rescued. So luck remains on his side in a strange kind of way. He's won the hearts of his new forever keepers too and they are willing to help him with it.

yes my fingers are crossed that it is something very easily treatable ... but if it is epilepsy then the old guy has obviously shown great resilience to live so long so far without the care of a good mum and dad until your great foster work recently... so i have great faith that he would definately be able to tackle it now that he has this love and care.

my best best wishes go out to your puppy.. let us know the results

77% of dogs with seizures have low thyroid..so it is worth doing a full thyroid panel.

Yes, someone else just recently said the same thing to me and had her dog tested - and it was the dogs thyroid. He has now commenced new treatment and all is going well.