Herding Starters Day

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm tired, I'm dusty, I have a headache from standing around in the sun without a hat ... I had a fantastic day!!! :rofl::love: :love:

Thank you to Dave, Jeff, Tuppy, Rosey, Scout and Moorholme Park for hosting us and showing us how it's done.

To see Em doing what she's bred to do - even biting the sheep - was absolutely wonderful. We'll definitely be back for more and next time I'll bring my other dog.

I've put a few photos on this thread in the Photos forum.

Edited by nickyp

Yes i would also like to add my thanks for such a well run relaxing and informative day. we learnt heaps and connor had a ball he's stuffed now and dreaming about sheep.

I was also lucky enough to get to have a go with tuppy who was amazing and showe me a lot abot what i was supposed to be doing.

Cant wait till next time

Hagrid & myself had a wonderful day. A BIG thankyou to Dave & Jeff & all involved. Cant forget the wonderful dogs .... Tuppy, Rosie & Scout. For a novice like myself it was truly amazing watching them work.

Also thankyou everyone there for the encouragement that Hagrid & myself received. He maybe a pitbull, but all you wonderful ppl there today saw him as a dog first.

Dave a special big thankyou for allowing us to join in.

Here are a few pics from today. I took nearly 300 photo's and am just too beat to get to them all tonight. The ones of your dogs out in the big paddock are by FAR the best, so I'm saving them for tomorrow night. :thumbsup:

Have kept them small, so we can have more and everyone can see them.

I'll start with dogdayz rescue pups. A little over a week ago, these pups were on their last few hours at the pound. dogdayz put her hand up to foster them, and brought them along today to see how the would go. The monster girls are 12 weeks old, and sooooooooo cute. Erm, if anyone is interested in a herding pup, one showed just a 'slight' talent for it. See for yourself. :cheer:

post-9-1134297230.jpg

mmmmm...everyone says their dogs are tired, the two pups have made a marvellous recovery and are racing around home again.

:thumbsup: Em kind of slid out of the car when we got home and collapsed on the back verandah for a while, then when I looked outside about an hour later, she was clowning around with her favourite ball! :banghead: She's crazy!! :cheer: She's lying on the couch now looking completely done in, though, and I think she'll be a bit stiff and sore tomorrow.

Actually, I think I might be a bit stiff and sore tomorrow, myself...

Hi guys,

Thank you to all who attended today, you were all so great. I wish it wasn't so hot for dogs, sheep and handlers.

Yogi and Conner - WOW what a big dog - you've put my faith back into the breed. Can't wait to see him at it next time. Yogi, you keep up the great work with that little fellow.

Hedz and Banjo - Thanks so much for being the official photographer and putting your life in danger of the stampeding flock of sheep. Banjo, thanks for playing with Scout, he doesn't get to work with many dogs.

Slim and Hagrid - That Pitbull is a Kelpie in disguise - I'm sure he is Scouts long lost brother. You guys were fantastic. Slim keep up the good work with Hagrid he is a dog to be admired. Give Hagrid a sheeps ear to lick tonight.

Hopenfox, fox and Hope - WHAT A KELPIE!!!!!!!! (but he is a kelpie and we'd expect only the best) - keep going. Hope looked lovely in the large paddock, good to see he coming out of her shell. You are a skillful handler keep it up.

Nickyp and Emmy - You can cross the heeler with a kelpie but you can't take the heeler out. Who'd believe that energy was hidden away in that sweet little pooch. Even Scout looked amazed at the power behind that dog.

Dogdayz - Sky, your dog was magic to watch, she needs calmer sheep next time - I'll organise it because I'd like to see her develop.

That pup was amazing, suicidal but still amazing. Must be the heeler in her. This dog deserves a good home - someone on this list please grab this dog, she is loads of fun.

Again a BIG thank you from all of us and the dogs. You guys make it magical.

Dave, Geoff and the gang.