Herding Starters Day

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awww look at my pretty girl :D (and she was as she had a bit of a trim while there yesterday, thanks to Val). Love the pics Hedds, especially the last one even though i am in it. Can i get some files of the pics from you to print up please, please, please.

Thats it from me for tonight. Thanks to everyone who wasnt there for sitting through all my (very unprofessional) pics. I hope I havent forgotton anyone? If I have, let me know, I've got pics of every dog. Also, if you want a pic that hasnt been cropped, or to look at the others of your dog, pm me your email, and I'll get them to you when I can.

Banjo and I had a lovely day, once again, at Mooreholme Park. We will never be herding superstars, (and aint that a fact :rainbowbridge: ), but everyone is so nice, and the day is so much fun, that anyone who would like to do something a little 'different' with their dogs, should give it a go. Thanks to everyone there yesterday for making our day so enjoyable........ :D

Love the pics Hedds, especially the last one even though i am in it. Can i get some files of the pics from you to print up please, please, please.

:rainbowbridge: I was really careful not to put any faces or anything in the pics... but that one just didnt look any good without you in it DD. Besides, its too tincy to see how gorgeous you are anyway. :D A few others needed 'half' people in them to make sense. Please let me know if I've posted anyone who wants me to crop them out. Will email you all of them when I get a chance DD.... :cry:

Power!

That probably should say "Come 'ere so I can bite you!" :D

"Isnt this how every good sheepdog cools off on a hot day?" laugh.gif

It's certainly how Em cools off every chance she gets and the dirtier the water the happier she is.

:rainbowbridge:

Thanks for posting those. I'd love to see any others you have of Emmy. I'll have to show these to OH when he gets back. He's off walking the little nutter right now because I'm too tired and she's jumping out of her skin. :cry: I think she needs to go herding every day! :)

We haven't seen any of Banjo on this thread yet, so here are a couple:

72749904_3c83edfcbc.jpg

72749857_07fd6f87b4.jpg

And, for the people who liked the look of Tuppy in the pics I put on the Photos forum, here she is again:

72750045_7add374a04.jpg

And last, but not least, Rosie:

72749812_4c7048db61.jpg

Edited by nickyp

someone tried to tell me that by allowing a dog to use its instincts in herding lure racing and the like that we will bring the chase to the fore and the dog will beome aggressive and it wasnt a good idea for city dogs i of course laughed at that but connor has just proved how wrong they were

wel connor spent SUnday being encouraged to chase sheep and get bossy with them then last night he found a lost budgie in the yard very sick nd tired he picked t up ever so gently and bought it in to me and placed it at my feet

I've been DYING to get back onto the internet since Sunday, to have a look at any photos posted of Hope and Fox and all the others, but haven't had time till today...

Thank you so much Dave and Geoff for the amazing day we had. I was sooo looking forward to it and it was every bit as great as I hoped it would be! :thumbsup:

Hopenfox, fox and Hope - WHAT A KELPIE!!!!!!!! (but he is a kelpie and we'd expect only the best) - keep going. Hope looked lovely in the large paddock, good to see her coming out of her shell. You are a skillful handler keep it up.

Fox astounded me with how good he was. His last time with sheep he spent a lot of time chasing them everywhere and crossed between me and the sheep so often, I was starting to wonder if he'd ever get the idea! He certainly must have slept on it! I noticed though, that each time his mouth grew too tired to bark, he stopped everything, just stood still, holding the sheep, until he recovered enough to bark and then he'd start herding again - as if he thinks his voice is the only thing making the sheep move! Can't wait for him to realise differently.

And I was so pleased with Hope - an amazing improvement to the other herding workshop we went to, where I was struggling to get her to even acknowledge the sheep's existance. I'm really looking forward to giving her more chances to develop her interest.

You are a skillful handler keep it up

Thanks, Dave...you should have seen me at the other herding workshop I went to. I was a totally useless tree in the middle of the pen, trailing a stick! Something must have sunk in!

I can't wait till my next visit, I really want to go somewhere with herding...

Thanks so much Hedds for posting those photos of Hope and Fox.

I would love to have any photos you have of them, if you could email them to me when you can? And anyone else who took photos of Hope and/or Fox, could you please send them to me too?

:mad