Perthies....

Anna H

llooks like i might be able to go to this one in Perth, provided that someone tell me the date a couple of weeks BEFORE everyone elso so taht i can contact my aunty and see if we can stay with her in Perth.

oh yeah, how much would it cost to do both days?

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thunder... I've Pm'd you.

Would most likely be on a weekend.... and hoping for sometime after mid March.

Considering Whiteman Park Dog Enclosure as a possible venue, providing I can book the entire dog park. Open to other suggestions as well... anyone live on/near a potentially suitable venue?

Schools are out as dogs are not allowed on school grounds anymore (not officially anyway :confused: )

But we need more people to make this happen! So many past posts about Perth people wanting Steve over here :)

I'll get ya's all at the DOL meet in a couple of weeks :rolleyes:

Thanks all who have either replied here or pm'd me .... :love:

Just an update, we still do not have enough numbers to make this happen, so at this stage this will have to be put 'on hold' ... I will bump this thread back up in the New Year once the silly season has passed and see if we can get some more interested people then.

Till then, if any anyone else is interested, please pm or reply here.

Happy Christmas! :rofl:

Also bear in mind that Steve has to fly over to Perth as I can't convince him to walk over. Hoping to get enough people for a 2 day workshop to make it worth his while and keep the costs down, whether it be the same people coming twice or different.

I'd go both times, regardless of cost. I just want Shelby's probs sorted and a plan of action entered into...

Maybe a poll to get the count done Chelseasmum?

K9's visit...

*Definately go to 1 day

*Unsure

*Both days for sure

*depends on costings

???

Count me in.

Hobbes doesn't have too many problems but any he has I gave to him before I clued up :laugh:

His recall is good, unless there is a dog he is really interested in :D

Up to three other dogs, he is fine, but over that number he gets a bit hyper.

One on one, he is not problematic.

He has never damaged another dog, but unfortunately a fair few dogs have chewed on him.

I'd like a perfect, consistent recall, no matter what is happening :rofl: . I hope that that is not too unrealistic :rofl:

All the other stuff (sit, stay, drop, etc) is not important to me. I don't give a rat's about heel either. I can work on those things myself (and am).

100% reliable recall is what I want. I figure if I had that, I could call myself a responsible dog owner.

Am I hoping for too much?

Even if I just had a plan to get there, I'd be happy.

Please don't misunderstand; Hobbes is not a problem dog. I'd just like to be a perfect owner :rofl:

Peter D

K9: thanks for the response everyone, the idea of these workshops is to help people become better handlers/trainers.

You learn how the dog thinks & why they do what they do, I run demos on simple problems like leash pulling, recalls, handling etc & anything people ask for.

You dont need to have experience nor if you have experience is the day unsuitable, you dont need to bring your dog but your welcome to also...

The open workshops are guided by the questions put forward, so you ask, I will cover it, as in depth or basic as you like...

OFF TOPIC SORRY ..... but was wondering if i can get some info prices or if any dates have been set for next melbourne k9 course sorry if this has been posted and ive missed it,.... k9 maybe u could pm me with details...... pllleeeaasseeeee

K9: I have only 3 workshops planned at this stage for 2006, 1 is the handlers workshop

here which sold out in 2 hours, the other two are private workshops organised by 2 companies also sold out.

I intend running the hanlders one in Vic & maybe again later 06 in NSW.

Also, will be running probably 6 Info nites & 6 - 8 other seminars the topics not yet decided.

The host position for the info nites not yet decided so if anyone in a location not yet covered is interested let me know...

K9: I have only 3 workshops planned at this stage for 2006, 1 is the handlers workshop

here which sold out in 2 hours, the other two are private workshops organised by 2 companies also sold out.

I intend running the hanlders one in Vic & maybe again later 06 in NSW.

Also, will be running probably 6 Info nites & 6 - 8 other seminars the topics not yet decided.

The host position for the info nites not yet decided so if anyone in a location not yet covered is interested let me know...

im sure there would be a few of us down this way interested what is envolved in hosting??? what kind of space etc do u need....sorry if silly question... cant think right now kids nagging dogs barking all happening here