Protruding Vaginal Mass

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Rusky, it is appreciated all of the support that you guys have thrown my way....I must admit Tasha is certainly a lot happier after having that tumour removed cant blame her really after having something that size removed from somewhere where tumours shouldnt be growing!

Hey Everybody, well i received the Pathology results last night...as i was in Albany for work i couldnt post the details on here...It was good news, and not so good news but it wasn't entirely bad news...copnfused yet?

Tasha's leg lump was fine....it was a hormonal growth. Her vaginal mass was a malignant spindle cell tumour. That's the not so good news...the news which is better is that the vet, the pathologist and the oncologist are satisfied that the tumour was fully removed at ressection and there were no tumor cells in the 'stalk' of the tumor. The tumour was also graded as low. The Oncologist felt that there would be no benefit, based on the pathology results, in spaying her at this stage but it is something that i want to do either way...so even though the result wasn't the best one the fact that it is a low grade tumour and the fact that the Vet, Pathologist and Oncologist are confident that it has been removed fully without metastacising is extremely encouraging, all parties said that there is no need for further treatment although the pathologist did feel it would be of beneift spaying her.... I have a follow up with the vet on Tuesday where we are going to discuss a few things....i'm set on her getting spayed and i want to see if there are any other ways i.e. x-ray/lymph node test, to ensure that there is no tumor cells present....

She certainly is...any ideas traditionally how bad spindle cell tumors can be?

I'm just glad that the wait is over and that the results aren't entirely bad....my other half was in tears when i was telling her and i must admit i was abit teary as well...not out of sadness but relief and happiness more than anything else. It is something that we will have to closely monitor though and i want to talk to the Vet about follow up and management etc

So glad to hear MM that they got the WHOLE tumor and that cells hadn't spread to the stalk... It's sounding good :thumbsup:

You both must be sooooo relieved.

Glad to hear that, although it is not absolutely fantastic news, it is pretty good news none-the-less !...

Keep us posted after speaking with your vet on Monday.