Doggy Shampoo

I like the Fido's range: economical, great range, readily available, smell great, lather well...all-round excellent shampoos! They also do conditioners and colour-specific shampoos including white and bright (is fabulous for all colours!). Lilly's coat is just lovely after a bath in the Fido's white and bright. It works well for Ruby and Molly too.

It comes down to what suits your dog, your wallet, and where you shop...Fido's is just great for all of those criteria. :rofl:

I've just bought some Aloveen shampoo and conditioner for Ruby (the one with the seasonal allergies) and I'm *impressed*. It smells divine, it lathers well, leaves the coat silky soft and smelling lovely without being overpowering. I left the conditioner in and her coat is just wonderful to the touch. I have been told that it will help her skin which is very dry ATM b/c of the allergies.

So, to all who posted their Aloveen feedback, thank you! :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

Take a look at the avatar folks ;) Lots of fluff at my place.

I've tried heaps of different shampoos and conditioners but I can honestly say the Aloveen is my favourite :):) Smells beautiful, low suds, extremely gentle on the coat, beautiful shiny finish. You can leave it in if you so desire but if you have a darker coloured dog, you'll notice "dandruff" a day or 2 after washing. This is the conditioner flaking and not real dandruff. I do recommend a thorough rinsing unless your dog has a dry coat.

Runner-up is Plush Puppy.

Big thumbs down for Squirt but only because I don't like coconut or pinacolada smells :cheers:

I believe most products "work" but as mentioned before, it really depends on what's working for your dog - especially if you have an allergic dog - and what works for you :cheer:

yep love the aloveen shampoo my collie had the itch when we first got him due to the tick/flea baths the rspca gave him aloveen can be bought from your veterinary clinic or if in melbourne places like upmarket pets i think some of the pets wonderland places and definetly pets stock stores.it smells devine and strangely ive noticed it makes my hands feel really soft after i have bathed my dogs.squirt is also a great line and i often will bathe both my dogs in it as i dont want to medicate shampoo them too often.a friend of mine would like to know if there is any great shampoo out there for all white dogs someone reccomended a wool wash but im not sure whether this would be too harsh for a dog ik now they use it on chickens thanks :)

OH chucked them into the shower with me this morning so I tried Aloveen. They smell wonderful and their fur is very smooth and soft!!! :rofl:

They were tossing around quite a lot after the shower tho. I dont think they like the smell so much but it makes them very soft and more cuddly :rolleyes:

I only bought the sample pack incase it didn't work out but now I think i'll buy some more!!!!

I got a free sample bottle of Groomers Edge Shampoo at the Melbourne Pet Expo, and it is fantastic. Apparently it is only new in Australia. It is super concentrated 32:1, so you don't need much and also comes in various ranges, i.e Black for black dogs, White for white, First Aid for dogs with sensitive skin (I use this one and it smells far better than others of its kind) My dogs coat comes up fantastic. Try contacting them for a sample - hey if it is free, it is worth trying!! I have an email address off the business card which is [email protected] :rolleyes: :rofl::rofl::cry:

Chaska, I have Groomers Edge, made by Double K Industries in US, I bought mine before leaving NZ. They all come in a concentrate and are great, I have Midnite White, Dynamic Duo and Grimenator. Didnt post about them as didnt realise they avail here. Great shampoos and great prices.

Grimenator is for the dirtiest, smelliest dogs and it is :(

• 2 weeks later...