Hobbes Is Getting Better

ricey

My wallet has lost a bit of weight too; to the tune of nearly $1,400 :lie:

My lord that's a pricey enema, Petey!!! You're talking Hollywood prices at that rate.

That was not for one enema, there were many :happydance:

3 x-rays; 3 general anaesthetics; i/v drip; 4 nights of 'in hospital care'; antibiotics; various laxatives; anti-inflammatories; plus of course, there was the state levy for disposal of hazardous and toxic waste :happydance:

Would a can of Pal not have been a cheaper enema ?

Yes, but I love my dog :happydance:

Peter D

Oh Hobbes glad to see you are so much better. 2kgs crikey and I complain about the mouse droppings I have to pick up. Never again.

Mind you Godzilla at a whole shank once enemas, drips then good old parrafin oil worked. I also had to put a string on my wallett so it would not fly away.

Still it is worth it just to see them squat and dump :rofl: eh Ricey.

Good news that he has recovered. Next Christmas just a photo of a bone would be a good idea.

I am pleased he is better but did the vet suggest a reason for the constipation/obstruction and did he give you any medicine to keep him regular?

we had 3 here had bones that size and no proper walk for the 2 days no problems.

I am pleased he is better but did the vet suggest a reason for the constipation/obstruction and did he give you any medicine to keep him regular?

we had 3 here had bones that size and no proper walk for the 2 days no problems.

Hi Rusky

yes, Hobbes was prescribed duphalac, 6 ml three times a day, but I have had to cut that back to 4 ml twice a day as it was working a bit too well :rofl: .

Hobbes has never been constipated previously, and has had plenty of marrow bones without problems before. I'm only guessing that the lack of walks was a contributing factor. I'm really keen on walking the boy (I think I enjoy our walks as much as he does) and I very rarely miss one.

He has never gone two days in a row without a walk before, and he always poops halfway through the walk. Maybe he is just a creature of habit:

walk = poop; no walk = no poop :laugh:

Cheers,

Peter d

walk = poop; no walk = no poop
:laugh:

may not be so silly as a mate of mine had Hobbes problem when she gave up smoking. Every morning she walked the dogs then coffee and fag then loo. No fag.. no loo and I laughed at her :rofl:

glad you have some medicine to keep things moving

[He has never gone two days in a row without a walk before, and he always poops halfway through the walk. Maybe he is just a creature of habit:

walk = poop; no walk = no poop :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Peter d

Same as Godzilla sometimes no walk for 2 days and when he poops we have to have 2 - 3 poop stops and the amount :rofl:

He saves it so I can understand.