Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pixel

Stafford Fans

25,008 posts in this topic

KitKat   

OMG i'm going to be Stafford-ised...few weeks off yet tho, the Mum is only three weeks up the duff...lol

KitKat   

Can't remember the prefix unfortunately, lmao, she's my best mates girl - she's blue with a black nose, with blues and blue fawn pups expected from the pairing - aiming for a blue fawn lad :)

It's going to be a huuuuuge change from GSD's!

ellz   

Can't remember the prefix unfortunately, lmao, she's my best mates girl - she's blue with a black nose, with blues and blue fawn pups expected from the pairing - aiming for a blue fawn lad :)

It's going to be a huuuuuge change from GSD's!

Errrmmmmm....with all due respect, she cannot possibly be blue with a black nose. It isn't genetically possible in a Stafford. Say dark slate and I might believe you.....

And Woger has a brag too....went to a show on Saturday and won Dog CC, BOB, Runner Up In Group, State Bred in Group and State Bred In Show. He only needs 26 points for his title now. Considering he only gets to a handful of shows per year, I'm pretty pleased with his strike rate! :)

KitKat   

I'm not up to date with the exact colours these days, GSD i could tell you, Staffy not so much. To my eye she's a blue colour and she does have a black nose - i'm neither here or there as to me she's pretty, sweet natured and to my eye a good looking Staffy and i couldn't care less if she was blue or brown brindle :rofl:

ellz   

I'm not up to date with the exact colours these days, GSD i could tell you, Staffy not so much. To my eye she's a blue colour and she does have a black nose - i'm neither here or there as to me she's pretty, sweet natured and to my eye a good looking Staffy and i couldn't care less if she was blue or brown brindle :rofl:

That's great, but just wanted you to be educated on the fact that no matter what your eye sees, she cannot possibly have a black nose.

Rainy   

And Woger has a brag too....went to a show on Saturday and won Dog CC, BOB, Runner Up In Group, State Bred in Group and State Bred In Show. He only needs 26 points for his title now. Considering he only gets to a handful of shows per year, I'm pretty pleased with his strike rate! :)

Congrat's ellz :thumbsup:

KitKat may i sugest you do a search in the health section and the genral section on Blue staffords / staffy's.

KitKat   

Honestly i know all the possible issues with Blue staffs and staffs in general, i know the mum's lines - anyway i'm not a newbie and not getting into this arguement. Just excited to be getting a chatty and possibly farty staffy pup.

Good that you don't care about colour. Are both parents L2-HGA & HC Clear with a current clear eye certificates?

I would also suggest you search on here (and elsewhere) about the inherent problems of dilute to dilute matings.

Edited by Sandra777

Rainy   

KitKat I wasn't trying to start an argument, like I said it was just a suggestion.

A lot of people are unaware and I say the same thing to all of them.

KitKat   

It's all good Rainy, I know what the general feelings are towards Blue (or blue looking) Staffords and i wouldn't consider any pure bred dog without knowing the lines and possible issues - no matter the colour.

Purpley   

Sorry for your loss Samisam :(

Congrats on the new baby to be KitKat.

Yeah I should probably put some pics up of Spirit and her daddy the Billy dog huh ;)

Honestly i know all the possible issues with Blue staffs and staffs in general, i know the mum's lines - anyway i'm not a newbie and not getting into this arguement. Just excited to be getting a chatty and possibly farty staffy pup.

If you know ALL the issues with Staffords then there's no way you would repeat the idea that a blue can have a black nose. This is genetically impossible and is one of the issues with blue Staffords (not a health issue, but an issue none the less).

KitKat   

*Sighs* the bitches nose looks black - i didn't realise that an black/black looking nose was an issue for a dog - certainly never considered it a health issue or something to worry about.

Don't worry, i now see i'm obviously not welcome here due to not giving a crap about a dogs colour - I am actually going for health, temp and type - i know the HEALTH issues that Staffords can have, bad breeding isn't limited to just a colour.

*Sighs* the bitches nose looks black - i didn't realise that an black/black looking nose was an issue for a dog - certainly never considered it a health issue or something to worry about.

:confused: KitKat, it's not a health issue, never said it was and it's not an issue for a pet however it is unacceptable according to the breed standard so it is an issue. Obviously not something you had researched while you were learning ALL there is to know about the "issues" surrounding dilute Staffords, I'm sorry I tried to expand your knowledge.

Don't worry, i now see i'm obviously not welcome here due to not giving a crap about a dogs colour - I am actually going for health, temp and type - i know the HEALTH issues that Staffords can have, bad breeding isn't limited to just a colour.

Quite correct, bad breeding isn't limited to just a colour, however if the expected colours of the litter are blue & blue fawn this indicates the sire of the litter is either a dilute himself or a known carrier - which isn't best breeding practice.

Personally I don't give a crap about a dog's colour either - but I do care passionately about the breed and poor breeding practices which are destroying it - the biggest one in the breed worldwide currently being the breeding of dilute to dilute.

Edited by Sandra777

KitKat   

I would have thought one of the biggest breeding issues for Staffs and many other breeds is dogs being bred with little thought and with eyes on the dollars - i see a lot of that happening with registered and non registered breeders.

I'll not keep on with it and i will keep out of everyones way here - This time around i know the dogs involved, i know their lines and health issues (or lack of them), i know what they've been tested for and i know their temps and i like their type. They aren't being bred to foist off more 'rare' blues for lotsa bucks to unsuspecting public.

I appreciate your passion, i don't appreciate the condescension. You don't know me, you don't know what knowledge i have - there are many ways of putting a point across and as the written word doesn't help with tone so i will attempt to take your tone as passion for your breed.

Perhaps i'm being a bit sensitive - just didn't expect to be pounced on so aggressively for choice of a pup that hasn't even been born yet, eg vs a pet store or byb no history pup - that i would have understood the angst.