Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pixel

Stafford Fans

25,008 posts in this topic

ellz   

I would have thought one of the biggest breeding issues for Staffs and many other breeds is dogs being bred with little thought and with eyes on the dollars - i see a lot of that happening with registered and non registered breeders.

I'll not keep on with it and i will keep out of everyones way here - This time around i know the dogs involved, i know their lines and health issues (or lack of them), i know what they've been tested for and i know their temps and i like their type. They aren't being bred to foist off more 'rare' blues for lotsa bucks to unsuspecting public.

I appreciate your passion, i don't appreciate the condescension. You don't know me, you don't know what knowledge i have - there are many ways of putting a point across and as the written word doesn't help with tone so i will attempt to take your tone as passion for your breed.

Perhaps i'm being a bit sensitive - just didn't expect to be pounced on so aggressively for choice of a pup that hasn't even been born yet, eg vs a pet store or byb no history pup - that i would have understood the angst.

Your choice obviously but as Sandra said, one of the BIGGEST concerns, and something which any breeder who knows their oats from their potatoes SHOULD know is that you don't breed dilute to dilute. Given the "expected" colours of the litter, that is exactly what the breeder is doing and whether being bred for money or not or being bred by people you know or not, it's a recipe for disaster.

Frankly it wouldn't matter if I didn't know you from Adam (which I don't) or whether you were my best friend, I'd still take the same stance and if being educated offends you so much, then by all means don't hang around because clearly your knowledge of health testing and breeding practices and Staffords in general by far outweighs those of people like Sandra who are truly "veterans" in the breed.

If you don't believe us, come and join the Staffords Debates page on Facebook and ask there....you'll see the responses will be the same and dare I say it, probably not even voiced as politely as the responses have been here. I'm not sure that the responses have been "worded" impolitely or whether you just don't like what they are saying......

The breed continues to head down the toilet and yet buyers still encourage it. I feel so sorry for those looking for a quality pup, they are truly becoming a rarity.

Bretty enjoying his toys. He gets them all out of the toy box and then can't decide which one to play with.

post-4363-0-02071900-1341518525_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pav Lova

Anyone have an adult Stafford to rehome - only catch is it will have to live with multiple cats. Sounds like a fantastic home, with someone who's had Staffords since the mid '70's, but now has 4 cats. Must be a genuine purebred, doesn't want an unknown rescue.

I've been reading this thread since not long after getting Sami home. I'm at page 1003 now and feel like I should say I'm reading it, because my name I've just noticed appears down the bottom of the page :eek: I started reading to find out more about Sami I'm not a stalker just getting my Stafford fix since I can't go hug mine anymore :o

blitz3   

Can I ask what the stafford page on Facebooks name is?

staffordshire bull terrier debates and topics, some very knowledgeable people on their that have been in the breed for a very long time

SBT101   

Hi All, yes it has been a while.....Been so caught up with our new addition :D But got "asked' to post some photos on here of our new bubba girl, Ourknights Safira Tha Sun Godess, aka- Safira...

I just love this girl to bits. SHe is evrything that I have ever wanted and more.....

SAFIRA.jpg

16.jpg

SAFIRA6.jpg

1-1.jpg

And my favourite

12.jpg

SBT101   

Yes they are all gorgous aren't they. I am so lucky Jana entrusted me with bubba girl. Safira is just beautiful and yep, she knows it

SBT101   

Thankyou, tht she is...She is def a red Ranga though,lol Either full on or out to it, lol

But is going extremely well on the lead and with training. We already have our standing,watching and waiting down packed and on lead, well, yes and sometimes e like to attack pants...But she is a naturally free stacking bitch so makes it so much easier to train her... :)

staffordshire bull terrier debates and topics, some very knowledgeable people on their that have been in the breed for a very long time

Thanks for that :)

Ronnie got 2 rub neut in breed today she such a good girl

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Go Ronnie!!!!

She's getting you so well trained now :)