Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pixel

Stafford Fans

25,008 posts in this topic

Clyde   

15/16 weeks from memory :laugh: it's all blurring in to stages now, rather than ages. I'm prepared for the chewing, just not the eating of taste deterrants, :laugh: especially hot chilli!!

So if your's 'went through it' that means they came out the other end?? :laugh:

well mostly (see attached pic) Dont try keep a stafford from their human kids

I reckon about 6 months it lasted. all i can suggest is try and replace the wood with something safe to chew.

When she goes for the wood, put something else in her mouth instead and praise her.

We used to get the nylabones and these white rectangular chewie things from big W and 4" long compressed rawhide bone things from coles. when she was over it she took to hiding them in really stupid places, like on the couch (burys it with her nose?) or in the corner of the room in plain sight (again burys with her nose) pigs ears would do the job too i reckon

she also ate 1/2 a cane basket over night and had to go to the vet to get splinters out of her mouth. most of it came out the other end fine :laugh:

post-5219-1219497285_thumb.jpg

I like the black and white one!! :rofl:
Great pics Dazzlnstaff! I love 'em all.....can't choose. :rofl:

thanks, they are fun... though after tonight the black and white (Teddy) and the black brindle (Kiara) were very naughty :rofl: its amazing when they know they in trouble they then act like perfect angels lol :rofl:

mickt   

post-24137-1219643395_thumb.jpgHi all :cheer:

Since everyone is posting all these great photos,I thouht I would post a updated photo of our little man Mason now 19 weeks old.He is still a rascal,chewing everything :p Even with all his toys,kongsx2,rawhide bones etc,he still prefers the back door and frame :p

We have also had to buy a 'Staffordproof' dog bed from our pet food store.Expensive at $149.99,but as we buy all of our Dog food fresh and cooked/bones etc from him,it was $100 :party: It is like a big high sided,raised off the ground and made from tough plastic like material.He has given up trying to chew it so far :)

Anyway keep these photos comin everyone,they are great :rock:

Wood is part of any Staffords staple diet :p Mine are not chewers , yet they have managed to detroy the door frame around the laundry :)

Jake prefers the edges of clam shells (when he's not "swimming" crazily in them) and also rubber balls which he systematically pulls bits off and then spits out. Not tennis balls, only rubber ones. For that reason, no rubber balls except to be played with under strict supervision. :cheer:

If you give him a cheap toy as a present, that has to go in 4 seconds, even the so-called indestructible ones don't take long. For some reason it just has to die!!! :p

Apart from that he was never much of a chewer when young, apart from chewing up a pair of reading glasses (very strange I know) years ago, my house is undisturbed when I get home.