What Is The Best Dry Food?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this situation, there is only one food I could recommend, which is Innova EVO. It's made with no cereals, no grains, no artificial colours/flavours and no preservatives. It's a raw food.

It's available at Pet's Paradise nationally (a chain I do not support b/c they sell live animals) and has just been made available through:

Pet Goods Direct

03 9727 4933.

It's not cheap but that's b/c of the quality. You'd be looking at approx $20 for a 1.5 kg bag.

There are other excellent foods out there, but sadly, none are yet available in Australia (there are two others I could recommend, but both are cooked...maybe worth a shot if you can get samples?). They are:

Dick van Patten's Natural Balance AND Eagle Pack Holistic.

I hope this helps.

BTW - raw feeder here too.

I'd also say have a look at Natural Balance from WA (made in WA and all) there is some info on the PricelessPets website, but if you do a Google search for Aus site then you should bring it up. They'll also send you out a sample as well if you ask.

my lovely Sekrit Santa Applepei sent me a sample bag of Eagle Pack with my xmas present and my dogs LOVED it, can anyone tell me if I can buy this in Brisbane anywhere, or where I go to order it online??

Thanks

Renee

Innova EVO is made by Natura Pet Products. Their site is www.naturapet.com. Natural Balance is made by Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Organic Formulas Inc. Their site is www.naturalbalanceinc.com.

Natural Balance "is commited to helping animals by donating to local animal charities". They also use only organic ingredients. :rolleyes:

Just a question - there seem to be two Natural Balance brands - the Dick Van Patten one and an Aussie one...am I right?

I'm looking at the ingredient list on the Aussie site http://www.naturalbalance.net.au/products.php and I see the first ingredient is rice and the third is corn gluten meal. Not quite what I wanted to see.

So, where do you buy the Dick Van Patten one?

me again, I'm on the petdeli site and I see they're selling a dog food called "Petz total".

This is what they say about it : Pets Total is an ideal food for all adult dogs as it is 100% balanced and complete, offering all that is required for the nutritional intake of your dog. 22% protein and 15% fat content. No artificial preservatives, colours or flavours are added. Product has been formulated to the guidelines of AAFCO.

It costs $40 for a 15kg bag. Has anyone tried it? Do you know where I can see the list of ingredients?