What Is The Best Dry Food?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I am concerned the best dry food is the food your dog does best on

:laugh::confused::rofl: ;) ;) :crazy:

OR the best food in general is the food your dog does best on...be that packaged, unpackaged, raw or dry :rofl:

I'd happily go back to BARF...if my dog did well on it, but since he doesn't we have kibble with raw on the side instead :rofl:

This is Nutro Chicken and Rice Ingredients and Analysis

Chicken is the Only Meat Protein

High quality chicken protein for muscle development. No chicken by-products.

Wholesome Oatmeal

A high quality carbohydrate that's easy on the stomach.

Rice

Rice is a highly digestible carbohydrate that's so good for increasing your dog's stamina and energy.

Healthy Joints

Good nutrition is important for strong hips and healthy joints. Research shows that glucosamine and chondroitin, two naturally occurring dietary components, help maintain joint cartilage.

Ingredients

Chicken Meal, Rice Flour, Ground Rice, Rice Bran, Poultry Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of natural Vitamin E), Oatmeal, Sunflower Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of natural Vitamin E), Natural Flavor, Dried Beet Pulp, Potassium Chloride, Dried Egg Product, Dried Kelp (source of Iodine), Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Biotin, Niacin, Garlic Flavor, Manganese Oxide, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement (source of Vitamin B2), Vitamin A Supplement, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate (source of Vitamin B1), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of Vitamin B6), Chondroitin Sulfate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K activity), Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid.

Nutro supports the safe, ethical and humane treatment of all animals, including those used by our suppliers who provide our ingredients.

Guaranteed Analysis

Crude Protein (minimum) 21.00%

Crude Fat (minimum) 12.00%

Crude Fiber (maximum) 5.00%

Moisture (maximum) 10.00%

Linoleic Acid (minimum) 3.50%

Zinc (minimum) 250 mg/kg

Vitamin E (minimum) 150 IU/kg

Ascorbic Acid (minimum)* 35 mg/kg

Glucosamine (minimum)* 450 mg/kg

Chondroitin Sulfate (minimum)* 350 mg/kg

hi

that nutro stuff has lots of grain in it. i wouldn't feed it to my dogs because of that, but that also come from a persion who will happily feed bonnie working dog to my gies in off seasion supplimented with meat, fish, off course.

this is the only ballance i have found that my dogs will eat, and it has put a little weight on (but not to much), so now they don't look like sprint dogs just family pets :laugh: and have healthy coats ect.

it is all about what your dog dose well on, my brothers dog will get sick if fedd bonnie, science diet, pro plan , but thrives on the no name brand from woolies (also gets suplimented by what the twins give the dog ie, fruit, bickies, droped dinner. it just depends on the dog.

• 1 month later...

Choose and stick with what your Dog thrives on.....

Many Breeders/owners use supercoat with good results,

I am one of them and i will not use a product that costs double the price for half the quality :cry:

It is not "you get what you pay for" all the time with Animal food.

People on this forum are continually telling people to try new foods at whatever the price, that's true to a degree,

But if your Dog does well on PAL yes i said Pal! :rofl: then good for you! Use it, for your dog .

If you go RAW and it works that's good too!

There is no point in trashing brands of food for somebody else's pet,

because for all we know, their Dog could thrive on what we wouldn't recommend :D

As a person who has bred Dogs, i would have no hesitation recommending

Supercoat, pedigree advance, Science diet active, bonnie working formula, box 1 gold.

Good Luck :rofl:

Edited by Rottywoman

Guest magnum

Advance is great, if the budget is a little low then we go for Pedgiree Breeders or Optimum they are made from chicken not grains...

Along with fresh meat our dogs always look great even when out of coat..