The Best Kibble?

If your kibble of preference is the best kibble than you should be able to just post I feed XXX kibble & then other peoples post should either back up your statement or decline it after all you shouldnt need to denegrade another product if yours is the best than the consumer results should show that.

Personally I believe what ever your dog does best on is what you should use..

I have 4 dogs here (6 atm) and have 4 different sorts of kibble... of varying prices,

We have had a hell of a time keeping weight on Nikki since we moved, she eats twice the amount of the boys but burns it off twice as fast as well & really started to thin down.. she is our reason for various kibbles.... some of them out there give her the runs & others just dont give her the fat & protien levels she needs...

I would if i were you Mickatie, be prepared for a series of trial & error with your kibble, speak to other sibe people in your genre (sorry cant remember if you are conformation showing or sledding) what works for their dogs?? Maybe then do a 2mth trial on each until you find the one that is giving you the results you want.

Jacq

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO organic is of a higher nutritional value (for my consumption as well as my dogs!) but not everyone is willing or able to pay the slightly higher price to buy such foods. There is nothing wrong with that...but my opinion is that I would never feed those things to my dogs...surely I'm entitled to my opinion and to state it as such? Or perhaps I should bow out of any nutritional debate b/c my view are perhaps "too extreme"? :)

LM - There is nothing wrong with having an opinion (even an extreme one - not saying you have, saying in general) nor expressing it.....IF you express it in a pleasant, open manner.

If however, you express your views in a way that makes people feel that you are beating them over the head with your opinion or that you are saying anything less than what you do is cruel/poisoning your dog etc then, no you shouldn't express your opinion and until you can express it better you should stay out of discussions.

Perhaps your first post could have been more like your last one.

Something like:

"I only recommend these 3 brands which are made in the US because they don't use horse meat (which I have moral problems with) nor grains (which are of little use to canines) and because organic products are the best for dogs and I feel it is worth the extra cost. There may be options that work for your dog that are outside this range but due to the reasons above, I can't recommend them."

Just a thought. :rolleyes:

Can you get Canidae in Australia?

It is an American brand, human-grade meat/no by-products one a bit like Innova. My 2 border collies have been on it for two years and doing well. Prior to that they were fed Nutro which was also good but Canidae works out cheaper to feed and the fussy younger dog seems to like it better.

IMO organic is of a higher nutritional value (for my consumption as well as my dogs!) but not everyone is willing or able to pay the slightly higher price to buy such foods.  There is nothing wrong with that...but my opinion is that I would never feed those things to my dogs...surely I'm entitled to my opinion and to state it as such?  Or perhaps I should bow out of any nutritional debate b/c my view are perhaps "too extreme"?  :)

LM - There is nothing wrong with having an opinion (even an extreme one - not saying you have, saying in general) nor expressing it.....IF you express it in a pleasant, open manner.

If however, you express your views in a way that makes people feel that you are beating them over the head with your opinion or that you are saying anything less than what you do is cruel/poisoning your dog etc then, no you shouldn't express your opinion and until you can express it better you should stay out of discussions.

Perhaps your first post could have been more like your last one.

Something like:

"I only recommend these 3 brands which are made in the US because they don't use horse meat (which I have moral problems with) nor grains (which are of little use to canines) and because organic products are the best for dogs and I feel it is worth the extra cost. There may be options that work for your dog that are outside this range but due to the reasons above, I can't recommend them."

Just a thought. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but where did I say that anyone is being "cruel" or "poisoning their dog"?

Hi, just wondering what you all think of Optimum Dry? I have a very fussy dog and have so far tried him on Euk, Advance, Hills Science, Royal Canin and lately on Optimum. He definitely seems to like Royal Canine and Optimum the best but just wanted to see what your thoughts are? Also, what are your thoughts on the Eco-Pet rolls?

Thanks!

I'm sorry, but where did I say that anyone is being "cruel" or "poisoning their dog"?

*sigh* I never said you did say that, there were no quote marks used nor any implication that was what you acutally said. I was trying to be helpful and explain why you expressing your opinion on recommended dry dog food is not received well. I was giving you an example of how the way you express your opinion may make some people feel.

If you do not understand the difference between expressing your opinion and forcing your opinion on people then prepare for many threads just as this one.

My apologies for trying to be helpful, won't happen again.

In regards to the whole cruelty/poisoning the dog...it is how you often come across...i mean telling people that feeding kibble other then what you recommend is along the line of a person eating maccas for each meal?...and then saying that unless you feed those foods you recommend a person will take their dogs to the vet more due to them being sick more often? that's not insinuating anything?? please!

Perhaps your apology should be for the attitude you've just displayed? I would never be as rude as your above post came across. But perhaps I'm just thick and misunderstood your intention?

And in regards to being rude...well just an example...insinuating that a persons workplace, or choice of dog food will lead people to require a disclaimer? etc? i mean really...and not just in this thread but others...and not just on the same topic either. Hell...i work for a dog food company occasionally...but i recommend barf and a number of other dog foods...how does that lead me to be biased enough to require a disclaimer? ;)

I just say...don't be the pot calling the kettle black...

And just for those that missed it :laugh:

"The best food for your dog is the food your dog does best on...packaged or unpackaged" :laugh:

Edited by KitKat