Grooming In Canberra

but your dog is a lab cross poodle.

I don't see anywhere in canberra labradoodles post asking what breeds her dog is based on :o

Welcome to the Dogzonline CL, I can't help you with a Canberra groomer but would love to know what your dog's coat is like to manage. Does it mat up easily? The pictures I have seen they look so shaggy and furry!

Good on you for seeking professional grooming :laugh:

but your dog is a lab cross poodle.

You are sort of right ... 5 Generations ago a Labrador was crossed with a poodle, since then they've all been LABRADOODLES!!! :laugh:

Thanks Xavier for your comments. If you're interested I could email you a piccy of him. His coat is quite low maintenance really. He gets a little matted around his elbows but is good apart from that. Until the lawn died and the prickles came, we had no problems at all.

Edited by canberra_labradoodle

I agree with Eridor...your dog is a labrador cross poodle. There is no such "breed" as a labradoodle. We always have plenty of crossbred dogs in the shelter and we always call them what they are: breed A cross breed B (assuming we know both breeds). Failing that, they're a lab cross or a poodle cross.

As for groomers, have you got a Yellow Pages? You can find all the listed groomers and then call each one in your area/region to discuss your dog's coat/requirements. In this way, you can decide which ones you would like to visit before booking your poodle/lab cross in for a grooming session.

All my dogs are short-coated...for good reason! Sorry that I have no personal experience with choosing a groomer. But best of luck! And welcome to DOL. :laugh:

I agree with Eridor...your dog is a labrador cross poodle. There is no such "breed" as a labradoodle. We always have plenty of crossbred dogs in the shelter and we always call them what they are: breed A cross breed B (assuming we know both breeds). Failing that, they're a lab cross or a poodle cross.

Whether you agree with Eridor or not is beside the point. This person came here seeking grooming advice, NOT asking people's opinions on what type of dog she has.

Honestly I cannot believe the rudeness of some people on this forum :laugh:

I'm sorry, are you saying that you think my response was rude? If so, I'm offended by that and request you retract. I'm stating my agreeance with another forum member and explaining my reason for not using the "breed" name that the OP used to describe the dog in question. There is nothing wrong with correcting someone if it's done nicely, as is the case here. :laugh:

Right here Mina!

You're welcome to make an appointment with Dog World (62601010) and will be charged according to the size of the dog, little hard to do with crossbreeds over the phone/sight unseen, but when you come in we will be able to let you know :thumbups:

You may also want to try a leave in conditioner to help when brushing out prickles...

Agreed Dru and Xavier.

Canberra labradoodle has the right to call her dog by whatever name she chooses.

Welcome to the forum, Canberra labradoodle!

Do you have a slicker brush? If not I would suggest you grab one, and get your dog used to being brushed every day. They will get the majority of the burrs and mats out for you.

You can all roll your eyes at me if you like, I was simply calling it like I see it. I know several groomers who WILL NOT call them anything but Lab cross poodles. Until they are recognised by the ANKC (if that happens) or someone can show documented proof re stud books and prober pedigrees this is what they are.

Sorry for the OT canberra labradoodle, I highly reccomend Dogworld they are great and prices really good.

agree with eridor & lillysmum.... :laugh:

nothing on ankc pages for this dog name..

BUT for grooming tips I agree the burs are a pain in the butt... the best way is to use conditioner to brush them out, I have a Bedlington Terrier and no matter how short or long I clip him he is still a burr magnet.

Oh come on..... I was having a laugh - trying to lighten the thread a little. Which is why I put the other little emoticons down the bottom, to make it clear....obviously not clear enough.

Sorry for trying to be friendly.

I'm sorry, are you saying that you think my response was rude?

That's right. Also unnecessary and off topic.

If so, I'm offended by that and request you retract

:laugh:

How about YOU retract your unecessary and off topic comments so you don't offend a genuine dog lover who came here seeking advice for a particular concern and nothing else?

Oh come on..... I was having a laugh - trying to lighten the thread a little. Which is why I put the other little emoticons down the bottom, to make it clear....obviously not clear enough.

Sorry for trying to be friendly.

I'm laughing Dru, I could see where you were coming from...

hey jacq glad to see you can sees it now too.

Jacq