Dog Chiropractor

Hi everyone,

Can anyone recommend a good doggy chiropractor here in Melbourne? Both of my girls seem to be holding themselves in slightly awkward positions while standing and i wonder if all the rough play has thrown their backs out a little? I live in the south-east region, but happy to travel.

Thanks!

Jen

P.S. Feel free to PM

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ray is our regular vet, but thought i'd take them to a chiro first. I knew there was one in Cranbourne as well, but couldn't find the details. I've made an appointment for next Wednesday with Tony in Hampton Park, so will see how we go! Neither of the girls are in any discomfort and race around like maniacs, so it's not urgent.

Ray is our regular vet, but thought i'd take them to a chiro first. I knew there was one in Cranbourne as well, but couldn't find the details. I've made an appointment for next Wednesday with Tony in Hampton Park, so will see how we go! Neither of the girls are in any discomfort and race around like maniacs, so it's not urgent.

You Can Say That Again !!!

:love::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

When i last went 2 Tony(mayb a year ago) he charged $10(maybe $15?) a dog, which is incredably cheap considering what a difference it makes. My dog would walk in miserable and walk out prancing with tail up!!!

I found him to be really good, he is gentle but firm with the dogs. You use the greyhound-chiropractor people aslong as it isn't incredable serious. If it is a serious problem then it can be too painful for a chiro to put back in place, so it must be done under anthestic at a Vet (like Barry).

Nothing Against Ray, as I think he is a Good Vet.

But when I took my dog to him, he could not find what was wrong with him.

One trip to George, and Wobblers was Picked up with in 15 minutes..

Ash...

Ray is my regular vet too and while I have used him for chiropractic things I must admit I think Barry Heywood is better for this. George to me personally is perhaps just a bit past his best. Having said that I know many do and will disagree with me but I also know many who will agree with me. Guess it is horses for courses. One of the advantages of using Ray or Barry is that IF there is xrays or medication needed they, as Vets are able to cater for this.

I am not sure what Barry charges now but he used to be $35. Somewhat more than George does but then in my case I would not have 1.5 hours travel and the cost incurred by that.

I found George to be really good when I lived in Melbourne. If you show there is a man in working dogs who wears overalls that does it too. Not sure of his name. Now Im in Ballarat and there are 2 good chiros up here. Unfortunately they are of no use to you. Hope you find a good chiro and your dog is well soon. Nothing worse than pain.

This is only my opinion but I would not trust my dogs with anyone without qualifications. (I have said this before). I worked with Barry for 8 years and think he is great if it is chiropractic you are looking for, Ray is also very good. IMO you should only use a veterinary chiro. Many of these so call muscle men used to bring their dogs is for Barry to check when i was working for him (have to wonder why they would pay money if they were happy to treat THEIR OWN dogs) I have seen so very bad things happen to dogs that have been treated by these so called muscle men and some very very dodgy diagnosis.