Maybe Not Rat Bait ?

pampa

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh Pampa...I just read this...how terrible for you

My Amstaff girl ate some mice bait on Saturday night, but luckily I saw her & got her to throw up pretty quickly - then she only had 2 little pellets in her vomit - but I was beside myself with worry for her, especially when I wanted her to vomit & she was so confused as to what I was doing to her & giving me those terrible sad eyes!

I did smile though at your description of your girls' play!!! My girl loves grabbing hocks more than anything!!! I often think of that lovely photo of your 4 dogs watching you eat & I think how lucky these 'tough' dogs are to have such a loving owner. Really wishing your girl quick recovery, it sounds promising that she feels like playing - thinking of you both.

You have all been so wonderful and your well wishes are greatly appreciated. Not only that, but I'm sure the positive vibes are helping :laugh:

She is still "fine"and only has one new bruise today which is wonderful news :laugh: Even the vet admitted that she well may be clear of danger and says she can start to play again at the end of the week. I am so relieved :clap:

Zero ;) Please keep a close eye on your girl for the next 10 days *just in case* ... especially any little blood vessel bursts or bruises and STRAIGHT TO THE VET. Even tiny weeny ones, the size of a biro dot must be looked into... Is it worth a preventive treatment just incase some pallets stayed down ?... I know, I'm paranoïd but having spent the last week scrutinising my girl from head to tail and making myself ill with worry and I'd hate you to go through the same...

Keep those good vibes coming folks, she's going to make it...

As usual, my impatience hasn't paid off :rolleyes:

The vet said she could play at the end of the week but seeing that she was nearly clear of most bruises and was feeling really good, I let the two girls play together for 5 minutes... I was watching closely to make sure they didn't get too rough...

Bad idea :cry: Here is the immediate, external (visible) result...

post-22-1139914512.jpg

and a last one beside her tail... As you can see, these little bruises are pretty small (thankfully), but they appeared IMMEDIATELY which is really scary... She has more around the neck but the hair covers them and so photos are difficult.

This is proof that she is NOT "fine" and is still haemoraging.... I was thinking of giving them a bone today, but considering these new haematomas, I will definately be waiting a lot longer, to avoid the digestive system being torn or bruised by bits of bone which normally would not effect the dog at all.

Rat bait is really rotton stuff :rolleyes:

post-22-1139915072.jpg

Pampa, I just found this topic or I would have posted earlier to say that I hope your furkid gets better soon! Best wishes for a speedy recovery :rolleyes:

Also, thanks for the heads up about the rat bait, I didn't know it could be that long before symptoms showed either.