You Maybe Gone, But Never From Our Hearts Jenna

Joey Rocks My World

I had you for 14 fantastic years!

I rescued you from the animal welfare leauge SA, when you were on death row, noone wanted you...I did....

You came home with me and Sabre, my other beautiful heart dog..

Sabre was old and ill with severe athritis(as a result of an old crushit ligament injury) and you bought life back into him, just as Joey did for you in your final months....

You did well in everything we did together, obedience trials, training etc..

even when i retired you, you still amazed people with your knowlegde and beautiful manners.

You came into my life, when i had noone, except Sabre and we made such a close team, THE three of us...

I still remember when Michael came into our lives years later, and on the day he first met you, he brought up a toilet paper roll(ur fav toy) all wrapped up in pretty paper with a doggy treat in it for you. You took to him, there and then! LOL

You were diagnosed with a inoperable malignant lump last nov, on our 1st year wedding anniversay, when Michael and i were on our way to spending some romantic time away...We were in the car at the time when we got the news on my mobile.

We could not stop crying...

They said it was not aggressive,but you went downhill in just 3 months...i think it was strangling your bowel in the last few weeks...

The night before you left us, Michael spent 2 hours on the floor with you, rubbing your tummy, to ease your pain.

We had plenty of time to say our goodbyes and give you lots of love and time...we are blessed to have had that...

You slipped away peacefully Feb 14th 2006 in Michael's arms as the vet put the needle in..you didnt feel a thing and you even took some roast bits we had withus as your last mouthful....

I came back in after you went, and wrapped my arms arounnd you darling and told you again how much i loved you and to give my love to Sabre, when you got there.

I miss you baby....

You no longer suffer My Sweet Jenna xxx

99815972_e46a8c682f.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes:

Run free sweet Jenna.

MSJ - Jenna is now a special angel watching over you. She will wait patiently, and one day you will be together again :cry:

For now, take comfort that Jenna is running free over the bridge with lots of friends (including Sabre!) - she is young again, spritely and free of pain.

Lots of hugs to you.

Trace

I was thinking of you all day yesterday, knowing the terrible pain you were going thru as you prepared for your darling Jenna's last day. :cry::cry:

My heart goes out to you and your family for your profound loss of your darling Jenna as you set her free from her pain. :cry: She has given you a wonderful lifetime of treasured memories and you will never forget her, nor will she ever forget you.

I know your heart is heavy, many tears have flowed and will continue to do so and you will struggle with the overwhelming sadness of the loss of your special girl. Be comforted in your memories and the love and strong bond you had for each other.

RIP darling Jenna and lot of hugs for your mummy, daddy and Joey. Run free with your buddy Sabre :rolleyes:

I have been following your story about Jenna and feel so sorry for you and your family it must of been hard to say good bye. I was :mad while reading this take comfort in the wonderful times you gave her and that you saved her life all those years ago and made it happy till the very end.

:cry: :rolleyes: :rofl::cry::cry::cry:

Edited by collie angel

I have been thinking of you and crying :rolleyes:

Jenna was a truely amazing girl and while I know you are missing her terribly she is now free from pain and running happily with Sabre. Treasure the memories you have with her :cry:

Was thinking of you yesterday MSJ and watching the clock, with a heavy heart I knew the sad hour had arrived.

I cried :cry: for you then and I :cry: now reading your tribute to Jenna here.

Your penultimate heartbreak & anguish can only heal with time, and it will take a long while. Cry whenever you need to - it helps to let it out. Take comfort from Michael and Joey and know that Jenna is watching over you today and always.

RIP Sweet Jenna :rolleyes: you now have your angel wings and feel no more pain :cry: