My Poor Murray Dog Is Sick

Anne - poor Murray. Symptoms do sound concerning. I'm afraid I can't offer much of any help. I do often wonder if 'stomach upset' is over diagnosed, but then I guess it is a condition of frequent occurrence.

How is he today? I'm hoping for news of improvement. Keep an eye on his gum colour (as you have been); capillary return (by firmly pressing and finger on the gums and watching for the then pale spot to return with colour/blood) and for any feeling of 'tackiness' when you touch the gums. The gums should be more slippery rather than sticky. Sticky gums can indicate dehydration.

I don't know what to suggest - I hope he is ok. :(

Hi guys,

I'd just like that say a huge THANK YOU to everyone for their concern and well wishes.

Murray has improved last night and this morning. He started to perk up last night and was able to keep a small meal of rice and boiled chicken down (the vet recommended something bland) he is still very quiet but not pacing and panting and shaking as he had been. This morning he was still quiet but went outside no problems and came back in before I went to work and put himself back to bed.

There is one thing that I am still concerned about is that he has not used his bowels (i have been going outside with him all over the weekend). I am just hoping that this is because he has had nothing in his stomach for the last few days and that by tonight he will have been.

Will keep you all updated on his progress over the next few days.

Anne

I caught up with Anne via PM in another forum. She tells me Murray seems a bit better - he's on antibiotics. I think she said he's still a bit quiet compared to his usual self, but does appear to be improving. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys :rofl:

Thanks for being concerned about my Murray boy :rofl:

It did take poor old Murray awhile to recover from his illness. He was given a full course of antiboitics and has since been back to the vet for a check up and is back to his old self.

He is still a bit quieter than he was and still loves getting under my bed for some reason (once he discovered that he can actually fit under there I have trouble getting him out :D)...

As the vet reminded me he is getting on in years and that I will notice him slowing down a lot of over the next few months, but as long as he is happy and healthy then he will be fine.

I have been taking it easy with him and not doing too much training, but he seems to love it so much that we will be heading back to training in a few weeks and seeing how he goes.

Anne

I have been taking it easy with him and not doing too much training, but he seems to love it so much that we will be heading back to training in a few weeks and seeing how he goes.

Anne - glad to hear Murray is ok. You can go to training and still take it easy with him there :cry:. At least it is an outing he really likes and enjoys. Just stick to the basic obedience skills that he knows and does easily - that will afford him lots of wins for which he'll receive his rewards and fun from you. Just let the instructors know you're taking it easy with him. :love: Look forward to seeing you back there.

Erny. :D

Edited by Erny