Can You Feed An Adult Dog Puppy Food?

boxagirl

I'm changing Bondi back on to dry food because she goes from constipated to having diareah on BARF and I can't seem to get the balance right etc. Plus the dry food will be more practical and easy for my sister to feed her while I'm in Europe. I need a really high fat high energy food for her as it is really hard to keep weight on her. I was thinking of feeding her Pedigree Performance Puppy? Is that ok? She is a 3 year old Boxer.. super energetic.

Or can anyone reccommend any other dry foods that would suit?

Hi, I dont know the answer to your question, but can you contact Pedigree (Im assuming they have a phone number or website address on their packaging) and ask them?

I wouldnt think that there would be a major problem in feeding a 3yr old dog puppy food, other than they may be getting more / not enough of the vitamins for that specific age group that they need.

What kind of budget do you have??

As i said in another thread i find if you want a high protein high fat diet for your dog go the eagle pack power for 7.5Kg its about $50. Eagle pack has worked so well for me since i discovered it not that long ago and id recommend it to anyone.

I've tried the normal EP before and Bondi wasn't too keen on it, and there is no where close to me that stocks EP Power ;) I am willing to pay more for a good food if it will work.

I don't want to feed Pedigree working dog, as when we started feeding that at the kennels where I work alot dogs actually lost weight! I don't think is has that much fat/kj in it..

Are Eukanuba/Bonnie etc high fat/energy?

I used to use Bonnie dry food for my ACD but found she was putting on too much weight , it's an excellent dry food for active dogs and you can get it in 30kg bags from Rural or stock suppliers etc.

You can get Bonnie for working (very active dogs)

normal

weight control

I'd say the working dog brand , which is what my dog had ,will keep the weight up , and it has no artificial stuff.

I use Bonnie Working dog for two of ours. One in particular will not keep weight on, with any other dry food.

They both still have their chicken frames, necks, wings and large bones. The coats look in excellent condition. One dog is 15 months old and the other 6 years.

20kg's for about $30-$40 a bag , from produce stores, stock feed places and some pet supply stores.

;)

Puppy food is find to give to an adult dog, as long as the adult dog is not overweight or verging on overweight.

Puppy food just has extra proteins and fats, some also have extra calcium.

Since Bondi, has such a trim figure and is very active, feeding her a good quality puppy food may be just the ticket!

Have you tried Royal Canin?? It is a bit more expensive but is excellent!!

For a cheaper alternative, try Supercoat or Bonnie. :thumbsup:

Have you tried Royal Canin?? It is a bit more expensive but is excellent!!

Yep I had Bondi on RC Boxer 26 .. but then she got sick n had to go to the vets and they werent sure if it was diet related so we thought best be safe..

Ok thanks for the advice everyone! I'll try Pedigree puppy performance or Bonnie :thumbsup: