Ollie Dog

Staffyluv

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a good boy you are Ollie....make sure your mummy gives you an arrowroot bikkie everytime you want one.

He gets one when he takes his tablets without a fuss - he has it down pat now and always gets one...

He is such a good boy, I just say 'open for me' and the mouth opens ever so slowly and I pop the tablets in and he swallows because he knows he is going to get a biscuit...

I feel the need to make his life as enjoyable as possible. If I had it my way I would close the office and spend everyday with him... I love the look on his face when I come in to make lunch and flop on the lounge next to him - we have a game of catch me if you can most days when he is well (although, I am the only one doing the chasing)...

Thanks again for all the support and advice

Jodie

Here is a pic of my youngest with Ollie

post-1950-1152171887_thumb.jpg

Wow Jodie, that last photo is priceless, absolutely magnificent.

I haven't turned the computer on in ages but this doesn't mean you guys aren't in my thoughts, along with Erny and DBS and all the other ill pooches I've become attached to.

I'm so sorry you have been through such a tough time this past week. I'm glad to hear that our little trooper is feeling better.

[ :cool: Amen to that. (word for word - Just a Dog)

I have loved reading your posts of support, knowledge and intelligence (Well Earned I imagine) to Jodie and Olie.

I have learned a lot from the journey of your friendship expressed along the way over these posts, you both seem like amazing people to me. ( Sometimes the by-products of our pets is other friendships,born in the darkest hours - and Thank God for them) I have to admit a kinship to you both over these posts. My heart goes up and down with you on this roller coaster ride.

I totally relate to the sleepless nights of watching over them. Finding the money and the strength to face the next challenge. I heart goes out to Jodie and Olie and I will him to good health. And Glad someone Like Dogbesotted has come along to help you.

All my prayers,

jls :)

From time to time, people tell me, “lighten up, it’s just a dog,” or, “that’s a lot of money for just a dog.” They don’t understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for “just a dog.” Some of my proudest moments have come about with “just a dog.” Many hours have passed and my only company was “just a dog,” but I did not once feel slighted. Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by “just a dog,” and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of “just a dog” gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it’s “just a dog,” then you will probably understand phases like “just a friend,” “just a sunrise,” or “just a promise.” “Just a dog” brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy. “Just a dog” brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person. Because of “just a dog” I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future. So for me and folks like me, it’s not “just a dog” but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment. “Just a dog” brings out what’s good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that someday they can understand that it’s not “just a dog” but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being “just a man.” So the next time you hear the phrase “just a dog.” just smile, because they “just don’t understand.”

Roca © 2006

Versatile Hunting Dog Magazine, February 2006

http://www-hsc.usc.edu/~bjmcmil/dick/mydog.html

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/257...006-628025.html

and about dog owner v dog person ( for all the dog people here)

http://dogs.about.com/cs/fungames/a/evolution.htm

A quick update...

We got the all clear in his blood work, so he had his second last chemo session yesterday afternoon.

Came home and woofed down his dinner... And did not bring any of it up :thumbsup:

We went for a 3km walk this morning (and yesterday) - touch wood, he is doing really well again...

Cheers

Jodie and Ollie dog

Ollie has gone downhill overnight... He cannot hold anything down again...

I woke up at 3am this morning, he wasn't in his bed, I found him under the table...

His temp was 40.5 and he was panting and shaking...

I have kept him warm and will call the vet at 7am. I have his mobile number but I really don't like to do that to him (especially this early)...

Ollie keeps getting up and walking around (very slowly, almost like he is tip toeing)...

Will update after we have seen the vet...

Jodie