Ollie Dog

Staffyluv

Guest Piximatosis

Thanks Jodie...

K is in for x-rays today to try to work out what the tumour is attached to. Then we shall go from there...

It was nice to read this and get some ideas & hope..

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been a very long time since I've posted on DOL even though I pop in occasionally to read up on my buddies' progress.

Great to hear Ollie is still doing well, it is wonderful news but want the promised pics :thumbsup:

Helen, I'm both delighted and saddened by the report on your crew, it must be hard seeing Lucinda slowly declining and your courage in this interminable battle is admirable.

You are all amazing !

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks RnB, he is quite a little trooper.

Hi pampa, nice to see you back

And still doing well other than a small sprain in his front ankle joint at the moment (well that is what I am hoping it is) - we are off to the vets in the morning to make sure.

Jodie

Our vet is giving Ollie cartraphon (sp??) injections as he is pretty sure it is arthritis and the joint guard is not doing enough to relieve it. He has to have an injection every Monday for four weeks and that should last a while.

He is a happy pooch and once he finishes the injections he will be fine again.

Cheers

Jodie

• 2 months later...

It has been a while and I just wanted to let everyone know that Ollie dog is still very much in remission and doing really well.

We went for a check up last week and the vet was telling me how they tell Ollie's story to other owners who have the same problem, because he is doing so well. I told them that if the other owners ever wanted to talk, that they could give them my mobile number...

Once again the vets and all the girls there were amazed at how well he looks. All his hair has finally grown back after the chemo.

Cheers and thanks for all the support you have given us over the last two years (yep, it will be two years in October)

Jodie and Ollie dog

post-1950-1184041970_thumb.jpg

I am always delighted to hear that Ollie is doing so well.

lucinda is also still here...looking much better lately. eating HUGE meals and enjoying life.

My dear Oscar ( Lucindas litter brother) crossed to The Bridge on 29 june....... the goats are lost without him andf the paddock are strangely empty as well.

Hugs to Ollie dog

Helen

Wow, he has done so well Jodi...he's not my dog and I am still so proud of him for fighting as hard as he is. I think of you guys so often and wonder how he's doing :laugh:

So sorry to hear about Oscar Helen :hug:

RIP Oscar :kissbetter:

I am always delighted to hear that Ollie is doing so well.

lucinda is also still here...looking much better lately. eating HUGE meals and enjoying life.

My dear Oscar ( Lucindas litter brother) crossed to The Bridge on 29 june....... the goats are lost without him andf the paddock are strangely empty as well.

Hugs to Ollie dog

Helen

Oh Helen, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Oscar. The way you talked about him, he sounded like an old soul who will surely be back again one day...

RIP dear boy :laugh:

Very glad to hear about Lucinda, I think of you guys all the time. Whenever anyone says how well Ollie looks I always tell them of Lucinda and her struggle and how she has only had holistic treatment - she is simply amazing and a credit to you and her fighting spirit. Big hugs to the Miss and all the best

It is amazing how they fight to stay with us...

Jodie

Jodie,

I have just read through your journey and it sounds very familiar. Our family puppy (5yo so not really puppy), pic below (Tara), was diagnosed 12 months ago with lymphoma. After chemo therapy she was in remission for approx 3 months and then bam she came out again. She is now back on monthly treatments which seem to be keeping her well. Fingers and toes crossed.

She had a chemo treatment this week and has been a little off her food, which is normal for her, but all is well.

So glad to hear things are going well with Ollie. I will be sure to get my parents to read the story as i'm sure they will relate to it.

Thanks for telling your story.

Belinda