Ollie Dog

Staffyluv

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And how is the adorable Miss Lucinda? Still keeping the postie at bay...

Hugs back to you guys from us as well.

J

Madame Lucinda is as feisty as ever, in fact has a little overestimated her abilities which ended up at the vets with her poor face somewhat chewed.. but thankfully all superficial just looked shocking LOL. However she had the last laugh as Angel ( who inflicted the facial damage) ended up at the vet four days later with a seriously huge abcess. Angel was shaved and had a drain inserted. I swear Lucinda grinned when i brought Angel home -- and i did hear her snort.

Cheers

H

• 1 month later...

Just an update:

The old boy is not himself this week. (He will be 11 in June).

He is getting confused as to where he is. He tends to stop and look around, then he looks at me like he does not know where he is. But he still insists on going for his walk every morning (we only walk for about 20 minutes at the park now).

He is off his food a bit (which won't hurt him) and he is so picky about what he eats at the moment. Can you believe I actually cooked him turkey and veg and when he did not want it, I went out and bought him a tuna steak (one of his favourite foods, fresh tuna) and cooked that.

He is also passing the most unsavoury smells at the moment (for the last few weeks) and his diet has not changed any.

He can no longer jump in the car and he is having trouble getting up on the lounge (he just stands there and looks at the lounge until someone comes along, then he gives them this little woo woo and they lift him up - yep we are all trained).

The tumour in his tummy is now bigger than my fist but does not seem to bother him any when touched or prodded and he has 4 other tumour sites, his glands are always swollen too now.

He usually only has one or two off days each month but this week has seen him really lost.

I think I will book him in for a check up at the end of the week and see how we go from there.

hmm..

:laugh:

But you are the one who had it all on standby... so me thinks you do this more often then just once.. :) :)

True, we were amusing ourselves for a couple of days before you came :eek:

He is doing much better today - always the way. As soon as I make a doctors appointment for him he perks up. So I cancelled it this time, instead of taking a well dog up to show them.

Thanks all, he bounced right back last night, so we went for a walk in the park this morning. He seems fine at the moment but still did not eat his dinner again. I am not worried about him at the moment, I think I will wait and see before I make another vet appointment.

Cheers

J

We are back from the vet and he has had blood taken to see how his white cell count is - more was taken in case further testing is required.

He is still lame, he cannot put any weight on his front legs and his back left leg. He has a temperature and is not eating or drinking - if he does not drink (or eat, but not such much eating) by 4pm this afternoon he has to hospital.

The vet suggests:

That he may have an infection in his joints - he has pain in his elbows and hip joint (as his immune system is compromised anyway, he tends to get a few little infections, we have just been lucky, up til now). If this is the case, the vet wants to do a joint something or other (he sedates Ollie, uses a needle to get some joint fluid to test). Also xrays to check out the joints. If it is an infection, we can treat it and he will bounce back like he always does.

Worst case scenerio is that he has a small MCT on his spine - if this is the case, judging from his lameness, the vet thinks it may be high up near his neck. I am hoping and praying that it is not this. There is no treatment for this scenerio.

He has had some antibiotics and an injection for pain and is now resting peacefully under my desk here in the office (I am so glad I work for myself sometimes).

Bugger SL, I am praying (as horrible as it sounds) that it is a joint infection and the antibiotics will have him eating and bouncing around soon

Everything crossed for another speedy remarkable Ollie Dog recovery

I'm glad he's resting comfortably, and hoping for the better scenario when Hamish checks out those joints.

C'mon Ollie dog :love:

Thinking of you, Staffyluv. I hope you have lots of clients today to keep your mind occupied :eek: