Ollie Dog

Staffyluv

If he will drink milk, maybe some of that pet milk would be OK for him. My dogsd always love it,and it doesn't have lactose so doesn't upset their tummies. Good luck with Ollie - he is certainly a tough fellow. Our thoughts are with you as always! Judi & Silver :)

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've got everything crossed here, in the hopes that Ollie the Miracle Dog has bounced back to his happy self this morning.

Your friends here will never say he's 'just a dog' :)

Stay strong, both of you.

Yep folks the little yo yo is bouncing off the walls today :)

Still won't eat anything other than a dry bicky (jatz and arrowroot seem to it)... But he did drink another quarter of a cup of milk this morning...

The vet called at lunch time to say that Ollie has the all clear for chemo this week... That has got to be a good thing...

Helen, those links are wonderful - if only the 'its only a dog' people could know half the love and devotion that we get from our pooches, the world would be a much happier place...

Will update after chemo tomorrow...

THANKYOU ALL

Jodie

I cannot help but feel sad for people who think "its just a dog" .

These just about sum it all up -

http://www.navhda.org/feature2.html

Musings

by Richard Biby, Contributing Editor

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

From time to time, people tell me, “lighten up, it’s just a dog,” or, “that’s a lot of money for just a dog.” They don’t understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for “just a dog.” Some of my proudest moments have come about with “just a dog.” Many hours have passed and my only company was “just a dog,” but I did not once feel slighted. Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by “just a dog,” and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of “just a dog” gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it’s “just a dog,” then you will probably understand phases like “just a friend,” “just a sunrise,” or “just a promise.” “Just a dog” brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy. “Just a dog” brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person. Because of “just a dog” I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future. So for me and folks like me, it’s not “just a dog” but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment. “Just a dog” brings out what’s good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that someday they can understand that it’s not “just a dog” but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being “just a man.” So the next time you hear the phrase “just a dog.” just smile, because they “just don’t understand.”

That sums it up so beautifully. Have saved this with all the other lovely 'rainbow bridge' etc poems I keep reading on here.

Yep folks the little yo yo is bouncing off the walls today :)

:) Glad to hear the little blighter is feeling OK today and that his blood has given him the all clear for chemo tomorrow - go blow that new bump out of existance :)

We will be waiting for the outcome of his treatment in hoping it doesn't knock our Ollie dog about too much this time.

I must admit this rollar-coaster ride is getting a bit rough with it's ups and downs and I'd like to keep climbing for a while to let us all get a breather :confused:

Come on Ollie, come on, come on ..... Come on Ollie, come on. :(

:shhh: Glad I'm not the only one with that in my head every time I read of Ollie's ups and downs!!

Fingers crossed for a successful chemo session today. :)

The new lump is another mast cell tumour... :shhh:

As he has not finished his chemo protocol, this is not a very good sign... The chemo is designed to put him into a remission... The vet said this could be due to him not having chemo for a few weeks because of the infections... So effectively he has come out of remission early...

I am not giving up, some days are just much harder than others...

I know he will not be having more surgery to remove the lump... I don't even know if I want to put him through another chemo protocol...

Weekly blood tests, chemo every week for two weeks then a week off...

I figure it is quality of life now, not quantity... And spending so much of his time at the hospital is not what I consider quality of life...

When this protocol is finished (about 4 weeks) he will be able to eat whatever he wants, he will go for walks wherever he wants to (after all it is his walk - I just go to keep him company) and live out the rest of his life comfortable and happy...

He is sleeping at my feet (always does when I am on the computer), so I think I will go and take him into the lounge room and have a cuddle...

Jodie

post-1950-1143783754_thumb.jpg

Aww, sh!t, Jodie. This was supposed to be a great, bouncy weekend for you both.

It's not fair!! I'm going to throw a tanty here and now. Ollie deserves to be pain-free and healthy, dammit.

Deep breaths.

It is all about quality of life, so go and have that cuddle together. Here's one over the information superhighway for you both :shhh:

Dear Jodie,

Cant say what I really want to say..but I am throwing a tantrum too. It is disappointing, unbelievably disappointing and frightening.and its bloody NOT FAIR!!!

BUT remember Lucinda has had great quality of life for three years plus under holistic care only. She has two extra lumps but I have not had them aspirated etc..as I had decided that there would be no further surgery for her. If they were MCTs then there was no benefit in irritating them by poking needles into them. So

cuddle up to the dear lad, and love him/ Know that we are all sending heaps of positive vibes his way.

hugs

Helen

Sorry to hear the disappointing news. But Ollie has proven himself such a fighter that he could very well fight, even without chemo, for a long long time. With a mum that gives him every love and care I believe you will see many more bouncy days yet.

Lots of staffy smooches are coming Ollie's way from my house and I hope that he is back eating you out of house and home soon.

Best Best wishes