Ollie Dog

Staffyluv

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have just spent yesterday and this morning doing what Ollie dog wants... Yesterday morning we went for our walk and he sniffed everything in town (twice)... Then we came home and had porridge with brown sugar for breakfast (yep, him too)... For lunch we had a couple of party pies and dinner was steak and kidney with some veges - I think he thought it was his birthday :vomit:

He rumbled with the boys, fought with the vacuum cleaner and moved all the dirt that the landscaper dug up (unfortunately back to where it was removed from :vomit: ) - but he had fun...

This morning we went for another walk, we even ran for about 15 minutes... We said hello to the old couple that we see on our weekday walks and he sat on the old mans foot like he always does. Then we came home and had cinnamon french toast with maple syrup.. At 8am he went out the back with his dad and they moved the dirt back to where it should be (he really needs a bath now...) Right now, he has the futon mattress on the floor, he is laying on my 3 pillows, under a doona fast asleep...

This afternoon we are going to go to the park and have ocean master fish for dinner (he loves it)... Then we will come home and have a banana paddle pop for dessert...

Little does he know that it all goes back to normal on Monday :mad But it has been a great weekend :)

He is well and eating and that is all that matters to me now - that he is happy...

I did leave him for about 2 hours yesterday to go and buy a new mobile phone with a camera in it... Just so I can take more pics of him...

Thanks all, will keep you all updated as the roller coaster continues...

Hugs

Jodie and Ollie dog

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jodie,

Sounds like Ollie is having a wonderful time..which is as it should be.

Sometimes I think that the lesson that we all need to learn is to do these things more often. In a weird roundabout way, we are the lucky ones. We get a heavy burden when we learn our beloved fur kid has been diagnosed with an awful disease that is going to steal them away from us..but we also get the advantage of being able to make a special effort to spend extra special time with them, tell them how much we love them show them how much they mean to us, spoil them a bit more, and so on. the things that when our dog is suddenly taken we regret so much not having done. So there is good that can be wrenched from such bad news. That is what I try to focus on and it does help.

I did not get this with my beloved Jake. I though he was getting old ( about 12) and that was why he was sleeping more and getting a little porky looking - but it was dilated cardiomyopathy which mean that his last four weeks were filled with a desperate effort to get his meds right and he had no energy to do anything but snooze. I will always regret that.

with Lucinda we have a great time. BTW her problem over the past few days have been due to an infected haematoma! she is now on antibiotics and matacam and doing well.

HUgs to both you and Ollie.

Helen

I am so relieved that Lucinda is doing better... Fingers crossed for more prayers answered when we need it most... I think she needs her own thread, so all the wonderful DOLers can send her the same good luck that they send Ollie - it does appear to work... Every time he goes down hill a little, I let you all know and then he bounces back - gotta be all those good vibes coming our way :) I really do believe in the power of positive thoughts...

We are not going to the park tonight as he has been helping (for want of a better word), his dad and the landscaper all day and he is absolitely filthy, so he just had a bath... But we are having roast lamb and veges (probably better for him)...

Cheers

Jodie

oh dear Jodie, I am so sorry for you and Ollie, he is such a lucky boy to have a family that loves him as much as you guys do

I am sending every positive thought I can Ollies way

May he enjoy his roast dinner and have sweet dreams of digging in the dirt.

What a wonderful weekend you've all had together, Ollie dog must be exhausted :)

Thanks for sharing your happy times together and I agree with you Jodie, we do need a special thread for the beautiful Lucinda...

Jodie I'm sorry I don't get to post much, still no comp at home. I don't want you to think you guys are not in my thoughts and heart all the time.

I'm sorry about the bad news but from what Dogbesotted has said, he may live for quiet a few years to come. My heart breaks for you babe, all dogs deserve a Mum just like you, your love for Ollie knows no boundaries, it's insurmountable and unconditional and if I could have just one wish it would be that you both grow old together.

The little bugger sounds like he had an absolutely delightful weekend and thoroughly enjoyed his spoiling (but then again he deserves it). Sounds like the gardening wit his Daddy was hard work :rainbowbridge:

Re the chemo, your right, you and he deserve a quality of life together and sometimes treatment (if it is only palliative) can take that away and in some instances is best stopped. Like Dogbesotted said, you can send them off with no regrets because you make the most of every minute of every hour of every day. You get to cuddle and kiss them and tell them how much you love them and spoil them bloody rotten. When we loose anyone we love suddenly, we can have many regrets, when we have a heads up, we make the most of it.

I pray each night for you and Ollie to have a few more years together, that heaven can hold off on calling this special little angel back for a while, I've added Lucinda and Dogbesotted to them also.

Always in my heart and thoughts.

All My Love

Riles

I'm sorry Jodie :rofl:

I have read through this post a couple of times to keep up to date with Ollie dog and to see how you are going, but have not replied as I simply dont know what to say, except that Loki and I send you hugs and puppy kisses. :rofl::rainbowbridge:

I hope things get better for all of you, and I am glad Ollie had a great weekend.

Em.

Quick update today...

No chemo again this week as the blood cell count is too low...

Love this roller coaster :thanks:

The lad is really well (touch wood - dare I say it)...

Bouncy and happy, having lots of walks... He is snoring his head off under my desk at the moment - the joys of having the pooch at work...

Thanks again for all the good thoughts and wishes

Jodie and Ollie

We are booking in for chemo today...

Yes pampa, we will definitely look at increasing the holistic treatment if and when we stop the chemo...

The lad had another outstanding weekend... Helping his dad and the landscaper move more dirt around the back yard (so he had another bath last night)... He amused himself for about 20 minutes chasing one of the big cockroaches that live outside under the pavers (ewww) - he would hold it under his paw and when it wriggled, he let it go and chased it... Then he would stomp on it until it wriggled under his paw again. Not my idea of fun but he had a good time.

His thyroid meds have been changed since last week and I have noticed he is slowing a little on our walks (not much - but I notice every little thing with this lad). He is also panting a little more and earlier in the walk. I will bring this up with the vet today.

Looks like our roller coaster is levelling out at the moment. Fingers crossed it stays like this...

Helen, how is our Lucinda? Hoping she is feeling well :mad

Jodie and Ollie dog

The beautiful Lucinda is very well at the moment ...amazingly so.

so i will have a glass of champers for both tonight

Helen, seeing both are doing so well this week, have a celabratory glass for me too :rofl:

No chemo again today. We have to wait until Wednesday (that is 2 weeks overdue again)...

He went to the vet this morning and due to him being sick last night and his temp being up a little (only a bit - 38.9) and I am going away for a couple of days (he is with my oldest son) and the vet is going away, we decided that it was safest to wait until we are all back after the weekend.

I feel terrible leaving him when he is a bit unwell - wish I could take him with me but I can't. I know my oldest son will take really good care of him but I still worry...

He seems well in himself (apart from bringing up his dinner), he is great. We had a big walk this morning before we went to the vets and he romped around the long wet grass - sometimes he acts just like a puppy ;)

The new lump has gone down - ever so slightly - but down ;)

Will update again soon

Have a happy Easter all

Jodie and Ollie dog