Ollie Dog

Staffyluv

Jodie,

I have just read through your journey and it sounds very familiar. Our family puppy (5yo so not really puppy), pic below (Tara), was diagnosed 12 months ago with lymphoma. After chemo therapy she was in remission for approx 3 months and then bam she came out again. She is now back on monthly treatments which seem to be keeping her well. Fingers and toes crossed.

She had a chemo treatment this week and has been a little off her food, which is normal for her, but all is well.

So glad to hear things are going well with Ollie. I will be sure to get my parents to read the story as i'm sure they will relate to it.

Thanks for telling your story.

Belinda

Hi Belinda,

Sorry to hear of another one of our babies with another form of cancer...

Have you considered holistic therapy at all - we used it at the same time as his chemo and he has been in remission now since June last year... I believe it is because of the holistic therapy that he is doing so well... It also helps with the general well being of your dog while it is being treated with the chemo - which as well as killing the cancer can have some pretty horrible side effects...

Good luck with your pooch - it is a hard road but well worth it.

Jodie

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dear Oscar ( Lucindas litter brother) crossed to The Bridge on 29 june....... the goats are lost without him andf the paddock are strangely empty as well.

Helen ........... I'm really sorry to read of this :) . I know how much you worked hard to give Oscar as much quality in life as you could, and to keep him as well as possible. Sending you :thumbsup: at this time.

StaffyLuv - glad to hear Ollie's still doing ok. You should have called him "Berger" (as in 'Berger Paints'). Keeps on keeping on. Not without your hard work either, though.

Bless you both.

• 1 month later...
How is our favourite Ollie Dog doing?

Cheers

Helen

You always seem to know when it is a rough patch...

He is a bit on the flat side the last couple of days but today was pretty bad... He only walked for about five minutes and then stopped, poor little man did not want to keep walking at all and I had to carry the lump back to the car to bring him home... He picked up a bit once home again, so I put off calling the vet - he has an appointment for tomorrow morning at 8.15.

Please keep your fingers crossed that all is well... I am pretty sure he will get the 'it is as good as can be expected' but the DOLers finger crossing has given is a definite advantage in the past and we could sure use it again...

He is sleeping on my feet as I type this and snoring his head off, so all is good this evening - he even ate some home mad meat loaf for his dinner tonight (first dinner in a couple of days that he has eaten - he does not mind eating of a day but (tends to leave dinner lately)...

Will update when we have seen the Staffy guru (Vet) and let you know what he said.

Hugs to you Helen for thinking of us - I think of you and Lucinda a lot, I do hope the angel is doing OK (all things considered)... I hope she is not missing her brother too much.

Cheers

Jodie and Ollie dog

Back from the vet earlier and as usual the boofhead has made me worry over what appears to be nothing...

Vet is not sure why he would not walk, maybe a cramp or tummy ache - could be a lot of things but he checked him out completely and he is very happy with his progress...

I can hardly believe it is 2 years in October since he was diagnosed with mast cell cancer.. I feel so lucky that he is still with me. There were times when I thought that making him go through the chemo was going to do more damage than good but I believe that all the holistic therapy he has had, has made all the difference to his well being...

Thanks for the crossed fingers and good thoughts - it worked as usual

Jodie and Ollie dog

Phew! Glad Ollie is OK. He seems to be making an art form out of creating worry for you...bless his staffy heart.

All mine are doing OK. Lucinda constinue to totter about having a lovely old lady time.

Guiness mcGuinness and his evil litter brother Dennys Dog have not had a fight for about three weeks..... now i can afford to eat rather than pay vet bills. I adore Dennys but he is the wild child, first pup born and I found him in the middle of the paddock still in his birth sack. I think we bonded instantly. Guiness I revived so they are both special. Guiness is the alpha now that Oscar has journeyed to The Bridge but Dennys is determined to create havoc until he is alpha which will never be.

sigh....boys dogs!!! what more can i say

Hugs to Ollie and his family

H

• 1 month later...

The lad was a bit off colour again last week, so the vet gave him some antibiotics and he bounced back really well but was still panting on his walks. So full blood work was done again and we have even more good news...

Not only is his liver and kidney function perfect, so is his white blood cell count (still in remission)... But he is doing so well that his thyroid medication needs to be reduced as well now...

He is two years post diagnosis this month - we must have an angel looking out for us...

Jodie

ETA a pic taken a couple of weeks ago

post-1950-1191836731_thumb.jpg

Edited by Staffyluv