Ollie Dog

Staffyluv

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Words cannot describe the emotions that this thread inspires and it is a testimony to an owners devotion to her dog. Thankyou for sharing your amazing journey with us. I feel privileged to read it. Go Ollie dog!! :thumbsup:

Thanks,

I happen to think he is pretty special too... He has been my constant companion since 19 July 1997 (he would have only been about 5 weeks old then)...

I am hoping that he will be my companion for a few more years yet but only time will tell... As long as he is well enough to stay with me, I will love having him around... I am lucky enough to work from home as well and he sleeps on the lounge in my office or lays under my desk while I am working...

Cheers

Jodie

• 3 months later...

Ollie has not been himself the last couple of days and this morning there was blood in his poop, so we will be off to our wonderful vet today sometime...

Wish us luck, he has been so well lately - as the vet put it, disgustingly well for a dog with his condition...

He had a great Chrstmas, meeting heaps of family that he has not seen before and he was the star of the show at OHs 40th birthday party in early January... he was very spoilt over Christmas and got heaps of toys, a new shirt, some sunglasses (but he ate those already) and some yummy treats...

Will update a little later, when we know more..

Cheers

Jodie

We are back and he was none too impressed with having an anal exam, let me tell you - he let the whole surgery know what was going on!...

The vet thinks he has a bowel infection, so he had a big needle with antibiotics and he has a weeks worth of tablets as well - we are to go back if he seems any flatter than he is now.

He is sleeping in my office on the lounge at the moment, too bad if a client turns up..

I forgot to ask about diet when I was up there, so might give them a call and see if there is anything in particular that he should or should not be having. At present he is on home cooked meat and veg + few treats (usually chicken, tuna or beef and he is only eating sweet potato and zucchini at the moment the fussy boy)...

Cheers

Jodie

I'm comin round for Ollies tea tonight... :(

wishing the old Doofas a speedy recovery and the strength to fight a few more battles

Thanks Warls, he would love to have you over to share dinner (he always wants to share mine - we had tuna steaks and salad last night!)

:( Gosh Jodie, he's a fiesty old bugger isn't he ?!! hopefully it'll just be an infection and Ollie will bounce back.

sending good health vibes from our pack...

fifi

Fiesty is one word fifi... He knows I need him and he is still enjoying life as much as ever, thanks.

Hoping the injection / tablets will help clear up this nasty infection .

Positive thoughts heading your way ... I am sure he will be back to his bouncy self before you know it :laugh:

Thanks mona, I am hoping it clears quickly too - I hate seeing him flat, when he is usually so in your face...

I am coming for dinner too, sounds yummy LOL

wishing Ollie all the best and a speedy recovery

Thanks peibe. You can come over for dinner with Warley - Ollie loves to have guests (more dinners to share)

Thanks heaps for the good wishes - I am sure he will bounce back (he always does). It is just horrible to see him unwell and not his usually bouncy self.

Cheers

Jodie