Ollie Dog

Staffyluv

Thanks guys, I was hoping he would be up at least trying to walk by now but he can't even sit up now.

My heart just breaks watching him try to sit up.

I will call the vet around 4pm and let him know what is going on. I did get him to drink some water (about 250ml) earlier but he still does not interested in food. He is not dehydrated but his temp is still up a bit 39.4C

Thanks again

Jodie

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again. I have spoken to the vet and he is happy (well probably not happy) for me to call him on his home or mobile number at any time if Ollie goes down hill overnight.

There is no real change, he still can't walk and seems to be in pain. The vet assured me that the pain meds he gave Ollie are enough and the only other option is to give me an injectable opiate (sp??) for him - which I have declined at this point.

He has to go back to the vets in the morning for blood test results and another pain injection if required. We will also decide what to do next - joint test and xrays etc.

I am hoping that he pulls up a bit better overnight (and I am quietly confident that he can). The whole pack is home now and his eyes are a bit brighter seeing everyone around him.

Guest Clover

Oh Jodie i am only just seeing this now :rofl:. Sending lots of good vibes your way Ollie, Jodie and family.

:thumbsup:

Guest Willow

sending my very strongest wishes of hope to you & Ollie.....thank you for your kind words to me in the other thread......it was incredibly decent of you considering what you are going through.....I hadn't read all of these poste previously, I didn't realise what a hard time you were having.

I hope Ollie has perked up a little now.

Cath

Thanks again to everyone for all the moral support.

The lad is in hospital this morning, he went down hill overnight a bit and we took him up first thing.

His white blood cell test did not reveal anything, so now he is going to have some xrays and a joint tap.

Hopefully he will pick up a bit today and he can come home but for now the vet wants to keep an eye on him - I miss my smelly guy already...

Fingers crossed he perks up today (I think it can take about 36 hours for antibiotics to kick in, so that would be around lunch today).

Jodie

He is home.... I think he was a bit vocal up there, when I arrived I could hear him complaining about his accomodations. :laugh:

He had the joint tap but when that was checked they decided not to worry about xrays as the joint tap gave a good indication that it is in fact an infection in his joints (someone is watching over us, somewhere!).

He has to have anitbiotics for about 3 weeks as well as some pain meds - he still cannot walk properly but at least he is trying now (He looks like an old drunk, he wobbles all over the place).

So it looks like I still have to carry him out to the toilet as it really does seem painful when he attempts to take steps (he cries).

Thanks so much to everyone for all the good wishes - I think they worked (again) :D