Ollie Dog

Staffyluv

Poor old Ollie dog - and poor you. But it does sound promising that the a/bs seem to be taking effect. Hopefully they'll kick in more pretty soon. He's a real tough fighter isn't he - must get it from his mum. Best wishes.

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys.

I am so relieved that it appears to be just and infection in his joints - it really was the best case scenerio for us.

He is laying on the floor next to me at the moment, staring at me because I have a cuppa and a biscuit - he loves milk arrowroot but he has already had one...

He does look much brighter tonight and he has attempted to walk a bit. he is so wobbly on his legs.

Cheers

Jodie

I am so glad that it is the least dangerous illness that he has but it is so hard seeing him this unwell.

He still cannot stand up but he has sat up a couple of times, he just can't move once he does sit up. He can also drag himself around to a different position if he gets too uncomfortable in the one spot. Poor baby.

He keeps crying everytime I leave the room (I am so glad that number one and his GF have moved back in again at the moment). At least GF can sit with him while I do some work...

Not sure how he is going to go when I have to go out to clients tomorrow and Monday (all day); he still needs to be carried outside to go to the loo - we are doing it about 8 times a day/night at the moment.

Just hoping he gets better soon.

The antibiotics must be starting to work, he is sittin up much better this morning and he even tried to take a few steps when I carried him out to go to the toilet this morning.

He is still the biggest sook in the world (next to the boys and OH when they are sick)...

Thanks

I started reading this thread a few hours ago, and wondered how i had missed it in the past, then after a few pages i looked at the date, it was started back in 06, then i had a terrible thought that after all Ollie and his family had been through this couldn't be good that the thread had been bumped. I really was in two minds about contuining on reading it as i have been shedding tears all the way through, but i needed to find out and was praying that Ollie was ok, and i must say i was so relived to know that Ollie is still with his mum and they have had so many wonderful days together since 06.. Hang in there Ollie....

Ollie and staffyluv are such an inspiration to many.. My thoughts are with you both..

Edited by MissMolly

He got up himself this morning - he can only take about 10 steps before he wants to be carried (no mean feat, if you have ever met the boofer). But at least he is trying to get up now.

He has been up since early, so is snoozing at the moment..

Have you ever tried to play tug-o-war with a stationery staffy - :)

I am so relieved this morning when he got up and took those steps on his own.

Thanks so much for all the well wishes

Jodie and Ollie dog

Thanks all, he has flattened out a bit tonight but he has not had any pain meds today, so I might give him a half a tablet in a little while.

He was trying to roll onto his side earlier (he is desperate for a tummy rub) but could not quite get there. Poor lad is so bored that he has managed to destuff two more of his stuffed toys and he spent a good 20 minutes squeaking one of the squeaky toys (I put his toy basket next to his day bed). He had a bit of a play with OH and has said hi to so many of number 2 sons friends (who have popped in to see how he is going), I think he is a bit tired tonight.

Cheers

J

Cuddles given Eridor, thanks.

He is getting up himself this morning and walking a bit more - he seems to get tired pretty quick but it is a major improvement on what he has been like.

He was so excited and wobbled over to the door when OH pick the car keys up to go and get the papers this morning (I think he thought he was going for a walk).

Cheers

Jodie