Turbo

sas

Guest cloverfdch

Oh no :o. Rest easy big fella, no ones gonna hurt you now :rofl:. Sas you gave Turbo the best 6 months of his life and most importantly you gave him love.

:).

ive only just seen this post im so sorry sas for ur loss turbo a big beautifull boy couldnt of asked for much better place to be he is now at peace and resting quietly where he doesnt have to worry about a a thing

idont often come into here i always end up in tears , even tho i didnt knw most of these dogs personally i feel so sad for such losses thinking of you and your family... hope leila doesnt get to sad..

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your messages, Leila is doing well now and has stopped looking for him and the tears have stopped coming on a daily basis as we come to terms with what we did was right for him and we stop feeling guilt that maybe there was a miricle cure that we had missed.

We're now looking for a foster for Leila as a companion, we used to give it a week inbetween fosters and she seems ready, saying she is ready is hard for us to say because it's hard to imagine she doesn't grieve the way we do...

Sas, my deepest sympathy to you :love:

You did everything you could for Turbo and you made the hardest choice of all but from what you said and all you have done, it was the only humane and right choice. His soul I am sure will be forever grateful.

Take care deary and best wishes and I hope you find the perfect foster companion for Leila.

ETA: :D

and this for laughs :cry:

Edited by Latisha

:thumbsup: Oh Sas, I'm so sorry to hear about Turbo.

You worked so damn hard with and for him, some of the big guys just never recover from their previous baggage, I have been in your shoes - but I let one go on for too long and nearly cost me loved ones - both skin & fur. Thank goodness you made that difficult decision in a timely way.

I come from a great dane breeder / rescue household, and while I love the breed, they are so sensitive and one in three my mother used to rescue, would never fully recover from their early life, some of them escalating in the way you describe with Turbo. Just when you think you are making ground, they would take another backwards step.

As someone said to me in my 'Sox' thread, Turbo will take good memories of you with him. you gave him the extra life & love he would never have had.

good on you for making a difference Sas, and for having the courage to make the most difficult decision in Turbo's interest.

hugs from here

fifi & hounds xxx

[ I am so sorry for your loss and the heartache of the decision that was made in everyones best interests.

As the new owner of a Dane puppy ( 2nd one from the breeder 1st was returned as not quite right)

Thank you for sharing such a private moment very very brave thing to do

\hugs and cuddles