Dr Harry Clippers

Ah, no. At least not for anything like a full body clip. Perhaps for a bit of ear/facial trimming they might be OK.

From memory the Dr Harry ones are made by Breville, have a fixed blade and combs. Hard to keep clean and sharpen and limited in what they can do. Only person I know who bought them upgraded to "real" clippers shortly afterwards.

You can pick up one speed Andis ones for not much more than that - changable blades etc.

The Dr Harry endorsed clipper is useless and is a total waste of money.

You are better off spending the extra money on a professional Wahl KM clipper for around $220. I would not buy the Andis pet clipper kit; it is better than the Dr Harry but will not cut all hair types and is more of a trimmer than a clipper.

Nah Paula, that one is also useless :(

So that is not the one that Poodlefan recommended? Or it is the one but you dont like it? Or there was a joke somewhere that I just didn't get? :)

This person is elderly, and adopted Pearl who came into DAS a matted clump of pain. She has a soft, dense, slightly wavy coat. She (the owner) lives in Gundagai and so has limited shopping options. She has just clipped Pearl and says she did it with hand clippers :). We had these for our Schnauzer when we were kids - this poor womans hand must be about to drop off!

Does anyone have a link to the clippers already mentioned?

I have a $10 clipper from Big W that is electric and came with comb and scissors etc. I have one maltese that I clip all over (virtually shave) every three months. It is certainly not an expert job and wouldn't hold up to constant, daily use but it's been 18 months and it is still going strong. If it dies, whats another $10 at BigW?

Jo

I use the OSTER brand clippers , they have being really good as i do odd jobs for friends dogs that i use clippers on , as i have basic knowledge in grooming , so i am currently learning .

Kelly

p/s i paid about $ 600 - $ 700 for these clippers .

So that is not the one that Poodlefan recommended? Or it is the one but you dont like it? Or there was a joke somewhere that I just didn't get?

I think poodlefan would be referring to these

one speed:

5-137904.jpg

two speed:

0f87decb97f9b8501273e9f9f728e243.jpg

rather than 'pet clippers' that Paula posted.

I was referring to single speed Andis Clippers but I haven't actually eyeballed my friends new ones. Perhaps they are the pet clippers. :(

She only wants them for trimming her Brittany - they'll probably be fine for that. I'd certainly want something with a better motor for full body clips.

A lady who adopted one of my fosters rang me the other day to ask if the dog clippers she had seen in Woolies would be any good. All I know is that they are 'endorsed' by Dr Harry and cost around $100.

Has anyone had experience with these?

I there 'BittyMooPeeb' don't buy Dr Harry's clippers, i sharpen clipper blades, and the amount of times that people send me blades, and stories, about their clippers, and you can bet "London to Brick" Dr Harry's clippers are alway in the conversation, nicestman77 :(

Thanks everyone for your advice. I'll see if I can find out where the one speed Andis clippers can be purchased around Gundagai, and pass all of the information on to Pearl's mum. She'd said to me on the phone 'they must be OK mustn't they, if they are endorsed by Dr Harry?'. It's a shame that this isn't the case :(

I use the OSTER brand clippers , they have being really good as i do odd jobs for friends dogs that i use clippers on , as i have basic knowledge in grooming , so i am currently learning .

Kelly

p/s i paid about $ 600 - $ 700 for these clippers .

we use oyster wahl and andis clippers the cheap brandS at supermarkets are good for one or two clips and then they die

by the way $600 - $ 700 for AN OYSTER IS A BIT MUCH THEY COST ABOUT $320 TO $360 NEW WITH A BLADE

if you are desperate i can let you have a oyster clipper in good condition for around $100

CHEERS