In Loving Memory Of *timothy*

SpikesPuppy

On Saturday, the 18th of February, 2006, I had to say goodbye to my beloved Dobermann X girl, Miss Timothy Anjelika.

At 10 years, 6 months and 9 days old, life just got too much for her. Every day she grew more fearful of the little things, and she would forget who her family was. Her quality of life was quickly fading.

On Saturday morning, mum & I drove her to the vet clinic & as soon as our wonderful vet saw the looks on our faces, she understood. She had known Tim since she was a young, nutty dog, and she had seen her mature into a sweet, obedient member of society. Our Vet needed to take several moments to compose herself before she even thought about putting the needle in. It was almost as hard for her as it was for us.

Of course, being Timothy, she didn't go down without a fuss. Being a big wuss, she squirmed and struggled away from the needle. Until we gave her a pig's ear, and then a sedative. Finally Timothy was calm enough to put the needle in and she fell asleep for the last time with her head on my lap and her paw in my hand.

We made the decisision to have her cremated and the people were fantastic. They came to the vet clinic (and as soon as they saw her, the first thing they said was "Look at that coat!" of course, I'm biased but Tim's coat was absolutely stunning. Sleek and black), placed Tim into a lovely satin-lined basket and then transferred the basket to the back of their beautifully decorated station wagon where Mum & I were able to sit with Tim for as long as we wanted, with soft music piped through the speakers. It helped me so much to be able to proudly share the life of my best friend with these strangers. Tim was a fantastic dog (and a literal Hero in her life). She had shared in half my life with me and I'll never forget her. I'll never forget the first time I saw her, and the last time.

Her ashes are now back here with us, with a small amount having been placed into a locket and some also sprinkled in the garden over her favourite sun-patch.

I love you, Timothy Anjelika.

Timothy1.jpg

TimothySmile.jpg

*Pictures taken approx. 2 months before she left us.

Guest cloverfdch

Oh Elsa my heart dropped when i saw this, i am so sorry :scared:. Miss Timothy sounded like a wonderful girl. Rest easy sweety.

:(

what a beautiful dog, i am wiping the tears away as i write. That was such a nice way to go, with the music and all, i didnt know that their were services like that available. I wish i had have had blackberry cremated but i didnt think about it too much at that stressful time and i really regret it. When i sold my house and left her it was heartbreaking. I took her headstone and brought it to the new place because it meant nothing to the peoplewho bought the house and i didnt want it thrown out (although it took 2 people to lift it). I would rather have kept it with her but at least i can look at it each day at my new place and think of her.

Guest Tess32

So sorry :D I think I have used those cremation when Wilbur Bunny died people and they are lovely.

Nat

:D :eek: So sorry to hear that Tim has passed on, I too lost a very dear old lady, Mia, on the 2nd of Feb. she was 11 1/2 years old, and as with your girl things were getting too much for her, it is so hard to come to grips and we do miss our fur kids, Timothy is an angel on your shoulder now, she will be with you forever.

Tim take your wings and I know that my Mia will look after you at the rainbow bridge.

Two angels together.

Thanks everyone :rofl: Your kind words mean so much.

So it's been just over a month now and I'm finally getting used to having more space on the bed (just sharing with my Border atm lol), and I'm getting used to the bbackyard being empty during the day (she loved her outside space-outside dog by choice), though i still can't bring myself to look at her kennel.

And feeding time is interesting. Of course, it's quicker now but i still find myself looking for the 5th bowl.....

And it's hard everytime i see a Dober, or a dog resembling a Dober (Manchester Terrier and German Pinscher specifically) it's difficult.

But i know she's free of pain and worry now. She'll be watching over me (and the rest of the critters!), looking after us all. If any dog ever had a 6th sense, she did.

Mjosa- I'm so sorry for your loss. It's hard when their the 'old girls'. When they've been part of your life for so long! But of course, they have their reasons for being here and their time is limited. I'm sure our two gorgeous girls are cooking up some trouble on their side of The 'Bridge.

Rozzie- Thank you. I'm really proud of her name (if one can be proud of a name!).

Nat- Yes, I saw your Wilbur on the website! I plan to put on eup for Tim, just haven't got the right words yet. It'll come with time.

Once again, thank you everyone.

Edited by SpikesPuppy