4 Month Old Puppy

~Myschafis~

Living in a site shed has that major disadvantage..it is just on big room.

Ok so maybe not leave her in that one big room unless you are there? Things I have heard of but never used are mousetraps set upside down so they make a racket but cause no harm, empty drink cans stacked up so they fall and make a racket and foil placed on top of items cause dogs don't like the feel of the foil on their feet.

Urine off or something similar will get rid of the smell so she won't smell it anymore

There was something else that someone suggested a while back I can't remember, I think it was vinegar and peroxide (that's what i use to clean my rat cage and I think it's what they suggested)

I have heard from an animal behaviourist, if a dog/cat soils anywhere inside, to use the laundry powder Bio-Zet as it has enzymes in it that takes away the smell, most other things the dogs good smelling apparatus can still whiff straight through it.

Can I also give you a warning re puppies climbing, in fact a dog of any age and this is from experience, it happened awhile ago, but a puppy that I had was a fair devil for climbing, this particular day she fell from the table (outside one) and she tore the growth plate in her right knee, it took two operations one to put the pins in, 7 weeks of penning, and the second op to take the pins out all up not much change from $1000.

So I think that it is imperative that you teach her not to climb up on anything, and if you can not be watching her all the time, I never let a puppy the run of the house, in your case one room, I would be crating her, or get like what I have a solid pen with a top on it, I got it from C-crates, and that is where she stays until you have time.

Also, outside as soon as she wakes up from a nap, not allowed back until she has done her business, and the same routine as soon as she has eaten.

Hope that this helps.

My suggestion would be to take her out to an area where she can toilet before you leave her where she can access your computer. Living in a site shed is no excuse. I have lived in a farm shed for the last 6 years, my pup had her fair share of accidents which have all been overcome through being attentive. I used a dilute disinfectant to clean the accidents.

Living in a site shed is no excuse.

Were did I say it was an excuse?

I simply said it wasn't and ideal situation and it isn't, because I can't take her outside and I can't block her off to certain parts of the room like you could normally as Shoemonster said, she has to go out through the doggy door and I can't fit throught it and she can't go out the front door because there are other dogs here so I can't take her to a certain place in the yard but I can make sure she goes before coming back inside.

Mjosa - I have heard of things like that happening and I was worried even though the fall isnt great, if she landed the wrong way anything could happen.

HeyKatie why not try one of those room freshners like I've got the one that squirts out the smelly stuff it can be as often as every 9 minutes my sibes sneeze when they get to close I remember it's squirted you a couple of times :rofl: if you point it in the direction where she jumps from a few squirts in the face might just do the trick.

she's a naughty little monkey isn't she :rofl: if you can't get her pooing habits back to normal you might have to go back to basics as suggested in other replies put her in her crate while not supervised.

Shell.

There is also a spray called Dogoff, or something similar that is designed to act as a deterrent.

Is there anything you can use in between the bed and desk so she can't climb from the bed to the desk? Like a big cardboard box folded flat, and slipped in between the bed and desk? It could work as a barrier. A fridge box, or a box freezer box? Hmmmm... :rofl:

I still can't believe that naughty girl poops on the desk? :rofl:

They do it to spite me I swear :rofl:

:rofl: you have my sympathies.. I'd be furious! My youngest turned 1 today (Happy Birthday!!) and i sure don't miss the times of toilet training her.. ahhhh, and to think i'll be doing it all again in 1-2 years, we must be crazy! :love: ahhh, the joys of puppyhood

My oldest is turning 1 in 2 days (time flys) :rofl:

And he still does things now every now and then and I swear its because he is trying to get back at me for something. Just the look on their face after they give you the 'I didn't do it look" straight after comes 'yeah thats right, lock me outside again see what happens' look.

:rofl: Makes me laugh everytime

Might just be what she thinks of your posts........... :(:):rofl::rofl::rofl::shhh:

Yeh, like stop staring at that silly light box and come and play with me.

If I was in that situation I'd throw a big sheet over the computer and desk when i went out. Otherwise cannot suggest sorry.

Edited by KayeL