4 Month Old Puppy

~Myschafis~

My little sibe puppy has decided to take up the habit of pooing on my computer desk, before this she was really good and would always either go on the paper or go outside.

But over the last week she has decided the computer desk is the place to go, problem is I haven't caught her once doing it, so I can't show her its wrong.

Any ideas?

There isn't enough room to move things around unfortunatly, not a very big room to move things.

It is difficult to keep her out in the heat, I prefer to keep her in, in the air conditioning. She has a doggy door to go out and has the option to go outside, but lately it has been raining a lot so she will go outside roll and play in mud and come back in and jump all over everything, creating a huge mess.

She can jump either from the bed onto the desk, or she can jump from the bedside table, the filing cabinet.

We aren't in an ideal situation at the moment living in a site shed sort of thing so there isn't much room for everything.

She just likes to poo on things, if it isnt the desk its the lounge.

Why don't you teach her not to jump up on tables.

You don't have to caught her in the act to teach her that.

I find it quite bizarre that she would even jump up there to go to the toilet?

She just likes to poo on things, if it isnt the desk its the lounge.

Well she is obviously not sure on where she is meant to go.

Dogs are clean animals - even puppies who have accidents. They don't just poo everywhere unless something is not right or they are unsure what they are meant to be doing. And once the smell is there - they will keep going back to that place.

Pick one place in the garden and show her that that is where she can go. If she can get in and out on her own then it won't take long.

Edited by Ci

Ci - We were doing that and she had it down pat and would always go on the newspaper in one specific spot in the house or in one spot out side, but in the last week she just decided the lounge and desk was the place to go now.

Funny that you say that Experianced Fun, because my male sibe will detroy something if I spend more time with it than him, he can get really Jealous, he has since been taught not to, but as a puppy thats what he did.

Try diluting some Citronella aromatherapy oil (you can buy it cheap from $2 shops) with water and rubbing it on the desk with a rag - I used it to toilet train my setter pup and it worked brilliantly (they hate citronella)

Sam pooped a on our deck when he was a pup and what I did was take him near his poop so he could smell it was his and told him bad dog, I then took him to the lawn and placed him near his poop there and praised him telling him what a good dog he was. I also kept a close eye on him and gave him repeated praise for using the lawn.

It worked for him, he only uses the lawn for his business.

Same as how you would teaching them not to jump or walk on any table.

Say no everytime she looks like she is even going to get on it.. Even if she only puts a paw on it - say no.

It is not hard.

Edited by Ci

I'm so sorry but this sounded so funny! :cheers:

How does she get up there?

Can you keep her out of that room while you're not in there?

:D agree!

oops... i hit the reply button accidentally..

I keep rooms i don't want my girls to go in blocked off when i'm not there to watch em... little buggers!