Sweet Little Pippin Found His Wings...

K9-Companions

Pippin has only been with us for a couple of months, having come from a shelter.

He was the most loveable little boy, and was so content to be cuddled or just lay in your lap, he was very fond of our youngest who is just one year old, he would cuddle up to him and he would continually rub his hand across her coat, I think he loved the softness, and pippin loved how gentle he was...

We knew that he had some problems when we took him on and that he was old, our vet said he had to be approximately 15 years old.

He needed an operation as his teeth were all rotted and he had mouth infections, but the vet said he wouldnt make it through an operation and to just let him be spoilt and do as he wants for as long as we can, so thats what we did, I pureed all his food for him so he didnt have to try and chew it, he was partial to the roast lamb and gravy i would blend up for him on sundays.

He wasnt very active, he just wanted to lay down on his chair during the day and at night he would walk up the little ramp Mark made him to climb onto the bed.

At 5am this morning I went to let all the dogs out and Master Pippin didnt come, so I looked for him and he had somehow gotten into bed with the baby and there he was all curled up along side him and went on his journey over the bridge.

It was a little bit of a jump for him to get up and get through the bars of the crib..but somehow he did it..

Thankyou Master Pippin for the smiles you bought to us. We wish you could have stayed longer, and thankyou for reminding us that age is not a barrier, that you can still give love and receive it no matter how old you are.

I believe that when you cross the bridge you get good health, so run amock little one and chase the others and relive your puppy years..

Pictures are Pippin and our little one, Pippin with his Po, and Zak meets Pippin.

post-8541-1143238293_thumb.jpgpost-8541-1143238334_thumb.jpg[a

tachment=34077:attachment]

post-8541-1143238354_thumb.jpg

:rofl: run to the bridge Pippin, I get the feeling Pippin will be your baby's little guardian from afar, the beautiful way he stayed close to him to the end.

beautiful photo's, sitting here :rofl: for you loss, but also for the happiness you gave a little old furry.

hugs to you all.

fifi

I think The photo of Pippin with your little boy says it all. He found true love and happiness and it wiped away all the bad times. Climbing in to the cot when he knew he was dying was his way of saying thanks for the hugs.

Pippin sure did love that baby of yours, the picture together and with the teletubby tell the story. He crossed the bridge touching someone he loved and found great comfort in. You have given Pipping the greatest gift for his final days.

Rest in Peace little Pippin

:mad

• 4 weeks later...

K9 what a lovely way for him to go to the bridge. I have read Pippin's story a number of times and each time it makes me smile. It was the most beatiful way for him to pass. Your little one is indeed blessed with most wonderful angel.

May all the dogs in the world spend their their lives with so much love.

Thankyou K9 for posting this beautiful story of dear old Pippin, have thought about him from time to time, they say a boy and his dog, this time it was a dog with his favourite boy, he knew that he was so loved allbeit a few short months, but at least he went to the :( knowing that he was very much loved and appreciated and obviously picked his special person to spend his final moments with.

Run free Pippin you were truly loved. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...