Interclub Comp Hastings Westernport Frankston And Others

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well WHAT A DAY is all I can say :)

Sky was an absolute dream and totally blitzed it :vomit: Dogdayz put in a lot of hard work and it just paid off. :mad

A thoroughly enjoyable day and thank you to both for inviting me.

Love

Riles

Edited by BubbleGirl

Please can we not make this thread about judge bashing? :vomit:

I pushed it back up to congratulate dogdayz and Skye.

So much work goes into organising any day, fun or official.

Pm'ing each if you are going to name people would be a 'nicer' option. JMHO of course. :mad

I don't know his name and wouldn't post it even if I did. The judge was a blo**y idiot though and cost me at least a second place :mad He had no idea how to score and didn't even know the rules :rolleyes: He was told before the comp started how to score on the sit for exam and still failed me when I did it perfectly because he forgot it could be done in front :mad If you are going to put your name up to judge on these days you should take the time to remember the rules. I put alot of time into training for this day and can't get that back. This judge cost me a ribbon :mad

On a happy note, Congrats Dog Dayz and Hedds :thumbsup:

I thought it was just about having fun :thumbsup: You were up against steep competition Ali, I think you had to beat a 95% (1st) and a 90% (2nd) so don't loose heart babe, Tyler will get there in the end :mad

Rosie and me is going to get no where once we finally start :rolleyes:

Edited by BubbleGirl

I thought it was just about having fun :thumbsup: Didn't realise it was a real serious day

Was this in response to my post?

Edited to add: Nothing fun about having something you have worked hard for taken away from you cause the judge has no idea! It has been confirmed that the judge failed me for 2 things I should have passed got very high marks in. The rest of it we got maximum points, which would have taken us into a minmum of 2nd place!

Oh it's quite obvious this was in response to my post now that you have edited yours.

Edited by Alison

Apology to anyone if I offended but there was no intent to offend.

Knowing these clubs extremely well ( founded one and instructed at both and been on the Committees)and being on the raw end of a wrong decision I can really feel for those that had "incorrect" decisions made that impacted on the end result.

Well i did decide tostay away but have to say something here first congratulation Heather and TRacey i knew you both had brilliant dogs if i can get it together half as well as you two i'll be happy

Secondly just to point out these clubs worked really hard to pull together this comp each club hsa a diferent system for marking so its really hard for the judges of the lower classes and i know for a fact that right up till the last minute they were struggling to get enough judges for the day

Its a fun day its not serious who cares if the judge boobooed and you mised out on a ribbon we all work really hard to train our dogs and mistakes happen judges are only human too I know most of the epople who were judging at the comp and they are all lovely epople who really try hard

Ive been there at a trial the judge got the exercises mixed up and missed one and we had to go back and do it id already released my dog and was playing so when we did the exam he jumped up at the judge oh well thats life i didnt blame the judge it was a mistake big deal.

sure judges should know the rules but at inter club the rules change i was asked to be one of the judges at the interclub and turned it down one because of my sight but also because i had no idea how they would mark certain exercises as it was a lower class i felt guilty leaving the clubs in the lurch but hey maybe it was a good ting i said no

Yes I meant you Ali and I thought the day was just about enjoying some time with your dog doing something together and anything else would just be an added bonus. I was also just trying to be supportive, I'm sure there will be MANY other Obedience Days that you and Tyler will ace :rofl:

I'm sorry if my post upset you in any way, it was not my intention :rofl:

Love

Riles

The day was a COMP, it was also a practice run for those who want to trial. I have every right to be annoyed about this :rofl:

I'm sorry if my post upset you in any way, it was not my intention :rofl:

Annoyed with your post???, no not annoyed.

Edited by Alison

I'm really sorry Ali, for me any day out is just me and Rosie enjoying ourselves, anything else an added bonus, I just don't have a competitive bone in my body, I know how much hard work you have put into Tyler, must be very frustrating.

Can't wait to see the Birfdee Girl on Sunday :thumbsup:

Love

Riles

I'm really sorry Ali, for me any day out is just me and Rosie enjoying ourselves, anything else an added bonus, I just don't have a competitive bone in my body, I know how much hard work you have put into Tyler, must be very frustrating.

Can't wait to see the Birfdee Girl on Sunday :thumbsup:

Love

Riles

That's fine Riley, but you need to realise that just because you think that way, it doesn't mean that everyone else has to. I am not highly competative, but when you enter a competition you do so with the hope of being recognised for what you have achieved. If it was purely about being a fun day than it would not have been scored and their would not have been a winner. The day was a comp, and hell yeah, I wanted to win it. The club posed the day as a competition, not a fun day. Every training session that I attended in the weeks leading up to the comp was sturctured around it being a comp. Im not sure where you got the impression that it was purely about fun. If that was the case, it would have been called an Interclub Fun Day not an Interclub Comp, and it would have involved fun activities, not ones that were judged and scored. Can we please let this thread die now? I just wanted to state what had happened to me, I didn't expect to have to defend myself over being competative in a comp. Maybe comps aren't for you. See you on Sunday :D