Interclub Comp Hastings Westernport Frankston And Others

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol now hedss banj has to be in it too... us hastings have to kick ass baby...lol nat u must entre but u must also be cheif photographer too... ok fun classes only for toby coz he is brainLESS at the moment and all hormones..lol that will be fixed this week tho :thumbsup: poor boy doesnt knoww what is instore for him yet..lol

DD, check the Hastings rules as it used to be that if you passed Encouragement externally then you had to enter your dog in the Novice Class at the Comps. they used tho have a "Novice Without Trial Experience Class" so that you were not competing with those that had actually trialled in Novice.

Glad you saw Brodie's photos Nat; he excelled at Obedience, he gained his companion Dog Excellent Title in just 5 weeks with two 2nd places ( beaten on both occasions by dogs that were Obedience Champions). His Drop On Recall was awesome, never scored less than 28/30. The Judges used to laugh afterwards at my command for the Retrieves as when they gave the command "Send your Dog" I gave the command to Brodie of "Dumbbies". Well it has to be one word and Fetch to Brodie was a game we played at home. I still have his"dumbbies" .

He will always be my Obedience Hero :thumbsup:

also a tip for all of you;

Don't get graded up now before the Comp otherwise you will have to compete at the higher level and will have only had about 4 weeks at that level. It is giving your dog every opportuinity toexcel for you

Edited by InspectorRex

ohh inspector i like that dumbies can i steal it connor has hi bell bell but thats s two words so wont get away with it i dont think though after last night i think ive had enough trial peronality politics to keep me away for a while

If we can get up to speed on time than Tyler and I will be there. Mum has said that she would like to come and watch us, now I just have to find a way to keep all of you away from her while we are doing our thing so you don't tell her any lies about me :)

YB Dumbbies is a bit sacred to me as Brodie was a very special Collie, even appearing on Good Morning Australia with Bert Newton and Philip Brady for the 40th Anniversary of the making of the first Lassie Movie.

As I said he was my hero Collie.

Why not "bellies"- gosh that will make the Judges laugh :)

i wouldnt steal someone elses catch phrase i like bellies that should raise an eyebrow or two though these trial epople are all soo bloody serious these days do you think they still know how to laught lol

Hate to disappoint but after a reminder the other day of why i quit trialling dogs in the first place the interclub can go on without me im hiding in my hole for the rest of this year lol

yb

Ok YB you can use Dumbies, only coz it's you :)

Now you must remember that you Only use that command when actually doing the exercise or training for it.

Get the dog excited, like I did with Brodie, by saying "Oh lookwhat I found ,Bordie's Dummbies!"

Connor will carry the flame onward and continue the tradition of dumbies proudly he may be a little dog but he has a big heart and loves the big collies i think he looks at them and thinks "one day i will get that big coooll!!!"

• 5 weeks later...

Well this comp was today......... and only a few DOLers turned up and competed in the crappy wet weather.

I've dragged this thread back up to congratulate dogdayz and Skye for their great score and WIN today. :rofl:

Skye is just working better and better, and today was no different. All those short coated dogs who wouldnt drop or stay on that wet soggy ground. Miss Skye lay there on her beautiful collie coat and wondered what all the fuss was about. :D :D :love::vomit::mad:)

As for the rest of you slackers who DIDNT turn up, :)

:D

Was too bloody wet for me but I went ;)

Though I was guna deck Ali's judge. He was a :rofl::love: :D :) :D :) Don't think he had a clue what the berjesus was going on.

Ty Ty did very well too :D

From what I saw Heddles Banjie did pretty good too :vomit:

Ohh and well done Skye and DD :mad

Congrats to Dogdayz and Skye - Go the Collies :vomit: . I saw DD yesterday at my dog show, did not know she was trialling today :D .

When I was trialling Fuzzy my 2nd Collie we would train in all weather, even practising drops in puddles :) . I remember a trial where my shoes were sucked off by the mud, I had to stop mid exercise to put my shoes back on :mad .

Cheers,

Corine