Keeping A Puppy Amused

Seita

hi, a friend of mine just got a pomerainian cross pup from the rspca and was asking me about things to keep her amused during the day when no ones home. She has a lot of toys (particularly attached to the empty ice cream container!) and things to play with but is also currently teething and therefore chewing on everything. They have been giving her puzzles like putting a treat under a container in a corner with somethign on top so she has to think about how to get to the treat, but shes getting pretty smart and is working it out quite quickly! So i was wondering if anyone had any ideas for other games/puzzles etc to keep this smart pup occupied? Thanks in advance!

Sqeaky toys are good, also treat balls that the pup has to roll to get the food out of. Maybe the cat versions would be a better size for a pom. They're smart little cookies so one treat under a container is a piece of cake! Maybe give little to no breakfast and let the treat ball keep it amused for a while. Or a chicken wing for breakfast to keep it chewing for a while, it will have a sleep after so much effort! At this stage its best to limit the pup to some areas of the house when unsupervised to make sure it doesnt chew through electrical cords or choke on something it chews on.