1988 - 23 Jan 2006

LouiseF

I wasn't posting in January, as I haven't been back to this forum for a long time. But on the 23rd January this year, we had our old bully X APBT, Diesel, put to sleep. He didn't eat for 3 days, couldn't walk or stand and also had the signs of kidney failure. He was also having seizures.

Diesel was born in 1988, and purchased by my husband at 6 weeks of age. It seems he was always with us, and it feels so wrong without him. I don't believe in Rainbow Bridge, but he's still in our hearts. Those who know us, know that we do not have children, and don't want any either - our dogs are our family. The girls miss him too. But we're glad he lasted to such an incredible age - he would have been 18 later this year.

Edited by LouiseF

• 2 weeks later...

The other night, in my dream, Diesel came back to see us.

I am not spiritual or religious in any way, so I do not view this as some kind of visit from the afterlife. It was just a dream. But it was a nice one.

I bawled with happiness to see him, and gave him lots of hugs. And I woke up happy from it, not sad. It was just so good to see him, even if it wasn't real.

And he was all fit and healthy and energetic, not skinny and exhausted like he was at the end.

What a long and loved life he had, its the kind of life that one would wish for every dog.

may the longtime sun shine upon you Diesel.

such a happy and handsome fella'. I'm sure he's watching over his human family.

:D :cool:

hugs to your family

fifi, danny & hounds xxx

Edited by fifi

• 8 months later...

It's only weeks away from this anniversary and I'm dreading it already.

I was watering my garden the other night, and I always water the plant we put on his grave, but try not to water the headstone in case I damage it :laugh:

A date shouldn't make any difference to your grief I suppose, but I know that this one will.

23rd January. It'll be one year without my baby boy.