Kennel Cough

Kennel cough bugs live in the nose/throat so if you touch a dog you should wash your hands before touching a non-infected one. Also keep them from rubbing noses with healthy dogs.

The other thing i have learned from Kennel cough is not to walk the dogs on a collar (flat collar/martingale/choker) for weeks afterwards as this huts their throat badly and makes them cough more. I used a halti instead or you can use a walking harness - this is after the dog is well enough to walk.

Rest is very important.

Kay I don't think you could pass it on, but its an airborne illness so seperating them would help, but wont gaurantee (sp?) your dogs catching it.

When I took mine to the vet, they put the dogs in isolation do lower the risks.

Are all your dogs vacc with C5? C3 doesnt cover KC, as I found out :D if vacc against it, they can still catch it, but wont get a full blown dose of it.

Best to get her checked out from the vets :)

Good Luck!

Kylie

it is a viral dissease like any other diseases we can carry it (chicken pox ,colds) some r catches some r spreeders like colds in people it will strike some people worse than others we(2 feet or 4feet) all have different imunity .i think most poeple will understand that. and if they r vacc. they can still get it just like chicken pox ,measels ,mumps ect,. it just may lesser :rofl::) the case.if you work with alot of dogs the first thing u learn is if a dog coughs susspectlly is to isolate sterolize and send it home asap so u don't infect other aniamls.unfortunetly dogs from the pound can contract it easily if one dog has it the hole kennel is at risk.they could get it for someone walking the dog bye the house.it seems to come out in plage proportion it want be around for months than it can run riot i think it is a good idea to let people know it's out there so we r alittle bit more carful with our pets when it comes out. it is a very comon thing but you can't help feeling so sorry 4 our poor little 1s, it is not a nices thing to have.and you have to be more careful with or old babbies and very young ones. good luck with all the coughs I hope they all feel better soon. and if you r worried consult the vet better be salf then sorry with our babes.....Chelle and the kids.....

Edited by SHIHTZUSHELL