Crate Training

Devo

Can anyone please tell me some good website's for create training information?!

I'm bringing my puppy home tonight and i have kinda been put on the stop for it all!

Edited by Devo

Crate training is a great way to teach a new dog or pup the house rules, toilet training, and for him/her to have their own space in your home. The principle is that you want the pup to enjoy the crate, so never use it as punishment/time out. Only positive experiences in the crate and of the crate.

Search here and I'm sure you'll find some pointers. Congrats on the pup! :thumbsup:

I havent yet started crate traning, i couldnt get a crate in time but will be purchasing one today.. have i left it too late already?I have noticed that he sufferes greatly from sepperation anxiety.. and i'm not sure he will cope to well with being confined.. he gets very very vocal..

i've just recently started crate training my 14month old GSP, about a week after i started, he would wait at the door to be let in bc he wanted to sleep. Possibly helps that I have outside dogs, and they are let into the warmer garage into the crate. Also stuff some kongs and add them incase they wake up and need some entertaining.

I have also added my 15week old dalmatian to the same crate (x-tra large one), and they keep each other warm. One thing i have noticed though, when they start to bark you really need to get there quick. My GSP only barks if he needs to go toilet. They hate peeing on their bed, and seem to get very frusterated if we can't get there in time (happened once or twice :(

I think for us it has been the single best investment with our dogs. They are warm, they no longer bark all night, and valuable items/poisons/shoes are out of reach. We have our dogs inside most nights with us, and when they are too tired to louge about, they actually wait to get into the garage into their crate.