Desexing

Thank you - your prices are much nicer :rolleyes: I understand your point about the test and it is very valid, it's better to be safe than sorry. Pain relief is also a must, that's for sure (actually that comes on top at an additional price). I think that the vet is just charging way too much from the sound of it. It would cost me close to $400 if I chose all the options :thumbsup:

I think I'll need to shop around as you suggest... The only thing that stopped me from doing this in the first place is that we have the dog's history (however short) with this vet and they're the closest to where we live. Am I being lazy? :cool:

Yes their prices do sound a little unreasonable IMO. I would definately shop around - no you're not being lazy but why settle for that when you might do so much better??.

You are entitled to request a copy of your animals history to take to a new vet - or have your new vet call the old one to request they fax the history to them for you.

:thumbsup:

Yes their prices do sound a little unreasonable IMO. I would definately shop around - no you're not being lazy but why settle for that when you might do so much better??.

You are entitled to request a copy of your animals history to take to a new vet - or have your new vet call the old one to request they fax the history to them for you.

:confused:

That's a very good suggestion - thanks!

There is one test that is vital. Generally only applicable to Dobermann owners. its very simple and its to ensure that the blood clots.

If this is due to the possibility of the dobe being Von Willebrand's affected, scotties that don't have parents tested clear have the same problem.

Edited by morgan