Dry Coat, Hair Loose. Possibly Food? Advice Needed!

To answer Wolf's question about which EP is the most appropriate for your dog - I recommend EP Large and Giant Breed Puppy. If you'd like an ingredient list send me a pm and I'll write it down for you.

As an alternative, Nutrience make a good quality Large Breed Puppy (Junior) food as well.

I prefer to use large breed food for all large boned breeds unless there are particular needs.

Remember as well that when you first change a dog's diet, the most obvious change is in the coat - if yours is losing coat that is quite normal. The new coat coming through should be better quality but I do suggest you use something like a Mars Coat King once a week in order to keep the process happening.

What about trying a "dry" shampoo such as Plush Puppy Quick Wash - spray onto dirty coat, rub off with a clean towel. Very simple, less intrusive than a bath (especially in winter) and does a super job. We always use it at shows to clean whites and add that just washed look.

Sags

:laugh:

Edited by Sagittarian

Thanks for all of your advice.

His coat seems to be getting a bit better, it might be due to the change of seasons etc. I have started giving him some tinned sardines too ontop of his kibble to help him with that extra Omega 3.

Essentially i want to get him a good food that he can stay on, that has no fillers but a good ammount of protien etc for his muscle development.

I was possibly looking at Chicken Holistic from EP. Anyone tried this?

Steve

I agree with Turboterror. Your dog is probably just losing his puppy coat. Try stripping all the dead coat out and see what is underneath.

Besides that some dogs just shed a lot regardless of what food they are on or what condition they are in.

Hi Wold82,

AM Staffies and english staffies do best on our Natural formula, Holistic Anchovy Formula. These seem to bring out a beautiful shine in their coats as well as leave their skin looking smooth and healthy.

If a puppy you can feed SMB Puppy formula but altinate with a Holistic Chicken.

If you would like samples please email me and i will have them arranged for you,

I feed Nutro and here is a comparison chart with some other superior quality dried foods. Maize is the same as corn.

attachmentid=38836

Don't suppose you have a readable version of this do you?

My local pet supply store started stocking Nutro so I grabbed a 2kg bag today of their adult light (my dog's on a diet, he's been getting RC Maxi lite which has helped but I was curious about Nutro). Looks good, guess we'll see how it goes after I mix it in with his RC for a few days.

Ok.

So i went to pick up my food and they ordered the wrong bag for me, waste of a 30min drive (one way).

The lady who was working there was also showing her dog (not sure what type) but after some discussion, she recommended me the Eagle Pack Power Formula... ( http://www.eaglepack.com/pages/ep_power.html )

So this is what i picked up, got it at cost for all the running around, i also had to grab something as i was out of food and would rather use a bag of this than supermarket stuff.

Anyone had experience with this stuff?

Steve

Did you know Nutro Choice will provide a money-back guarantee if you do not see improvement in the skin and coat condition of your dog or puppy? There are some rules but it is something that makes them stand out from the rest. They are pretty confident about the performance of their food - this guarantee has been in the US for a few years now apparently.