Puppy Class/training In Melbourne?

Maile

I have lost my dear girl 2 weeks ago and I found that the house is terribly quiet without her. I missed having a dog in my house. I've been searching frantically for her and yet no news at all. I know for sure that someone must have taken her because she is just too beautiful and sweet.

I THINK OF HER ALL THE TIME and I cannot concentrate in anything at all. It's time to get a new dog in the house. I will always miss Ginger and will always hope that she will return home eventually. When she does, she will have a new play mate. :thumbsup:

And so, I bought another GR. It is not a replacement for Ginger, it never can be. I feel so guilty in getting a new dog and afraid that people think that Ginger mean nothing to me and I could just get a dog whenever wherever I want. BUT it is not like that. I do love her and I will always miss her. I think of her when I see my new pup and knowing that the pup would never be like Ginger.

God, this is a really depressing post. And all I want to ask is just could someone recommend me a really interactive and good puppy class in Melbourne? I've taken Ginger to a puppy class at a local vet before but it wasnt really that good.

So, I will welcome any suggestions!! ;)

Hi,

If Ginger only went missing 2 weeks ago she may still turn up. I have a friend who lost a dog for 6.5 weeks in bush and she was found very skinny but alive. What attempts have you made to locate her so far? Sorry, not trying to bag you but I think you may be rushing this, give it some more time.

There are lots of good trainers and schools in Melbourne, as a start check the Delta website for trainers in your area (just click on the Accredited Instructors link). There is also the NDTF Website, click on the Training Your Dog link. If you wish to join a community club then check with the VCA for accredited clubs in your area, I think Keilor would be closest to you. The VCA website is at http://www.vca.org.au/index.asp.

I do hope Goldie is reunied with you, I know how stressful this time can be.

Regards,

Corine

Hi,

If Ginger only went missing 2 weeks ago she may still turn up. I have a friend who lost a dog for 6.5 weeks in bush and she was found very skinny but alive. What attempts have you made to locate her so far? Sorry, not trying to bag you but I think you may be rushing this, give it some more time.

There are lots of good trainers and schools in Melbourne, as a start check the Delta website for trainers in your area (just click on the Accredited Instructors link). There is also the NDTF Website, click on the Training Your Dog link. If you wish to join a community club then check with the VCA for accredited clubs in your area, I think Keilor would be closest to you. The VCA website is at http://www.vca.org.au/index.asp.

I do hope Goldie is reunied with you, I know how stressful this time can be.

Regards,

Corine

fido666,

Maybe you can go to the Lost and Found section in this forum then maybe you can get a glimpse of what I have done so far. I really am not looking forward to people trying to say I am doing things in rush or I have forgotten about Ginger, BECAUSE I HAVE NOT. As a dog lover yourself, you should know some of the hurtful thing people might say when you have lost a dog. I really do not want people to think that I do not love Ginger or I have stopped searching for her BECAUSE I DO AND STILL AM.

Sorry, but these past few weeks have been a roller coaster ride for me. I just think why can't I have the chance again to have another dog? I missed the "pitter patter" sounds on the wooden floor, I missed having fur on my clothes, I missed playing with my dog. And it hurts me so much not to do that anymore. I do miss and love her very much, and I really have try my best to find her back, but I can only do that much due to my limited resources. I just want to make this very clear.

Sorry if I sound rude because this is not my intention, I just want people, especially you dog lovers not to misunderstood me.

Thanks for your tips for the puppy classes.

Hi Vi, sorry to hear how hard you are doing it and if getting a new puppy is what you feel is best then so be it. When my 9yr old Koolie went to the bridge, I missed him so much, as well as the 'doggy' feel to the place and knew that I could never be without another dog and so I too got a new puppy about a month after his passing. But for me it was too soon, I resented her at first and found it hard to get close to her and she was so 'unlike' my old boy ( well of course!) that she frustrated me......but she eventually helped me heal and move on and I love her now. But please don't forget about Ginger, no matter how long it's been, never give up hope and never stop looking. I know how much you love her and are missing her, but she would be feeling the same for you right now. I too believe some one has got her and eventually they will be out walking her or have to take her to the vet, so keep with the lost/now stolen posters at the vets and hopefully she will be returned to you soon. I will go to the Melton Pound tomorrow and have a look for you. In the meantime, enjoy your new furball and post up some pics :thumbsup:

Sorry people. I realised I am being super-sensitive and irrational here.

I just find myself overwhelmed with emotions and sometimes I don't know what I am doing is right or wrong. I do very guilty in getting another dog too soon but I do feel true happiness and joy of having another dog in my house these 2 days. It's very strange. The first moment is very tough because these 2 puppies look similar with Ginger but yet they are so, so, so different in personalities.

Perhaps the question I should ask is, "When should a person get a new dog when the other one leaves?"

* I love Ginger and will continually search for her. I missed her so very much that by typing this out, I shed some tears because thinking of her make me feel so helpless and guilty at the same time because I do not know where is she, who is she with or whether she is still even alive and yet I have new pups in my home using her old toys and bowls.

** Sorry for this very depressing post.

Big hugs to you ViVien. I think it is understandable to be super-sensitive and irrational when we experience loss. I know how it feels and understand you will always love Ginger. Maybe getting a new pup might help....and let's hope you will end up with two dogs and Ginger will have a new pal :rofl: . (maybe get a male pup?). Males and females tend to get along better and he will be noticably different from Ginger. Still saying prayers for you and Ginger,

KayeL (I changed my name on mothers day to Labsmum :()

Hi Vivien,

I do Hope that Ginger does eventually turn up for you. Finger Croosed.

I know it probably feels like she has been gone forever, but it has only been two weeks. Dogs turn up months later. So i would be assuming that someone has found her and is holding onto her. Remember to still continue to visit and contact the pounds and shelters atleast once a week for the next month or so, just to be sure, she may escape from where she is (if someone has her).

As for puppy school i donrt think you can go past:

Planet K9

Puppy Classes are held at Epping or Keilor Park

You can check out their website and contact details by clicking on the link on my signature.

Hi ViVien,

So sorry to hear about Ginger. I hope that she turns up safe and sound very soon.

Is that the new pup on your avatar? She's gorgous! Nothing like a new puppy to keep you occupied.

With the puppy school, I would recommend you visit Four Paws K9 Training. They are located in Keilor Park and Diggers Rest. They have Saturday morning and Wednesday evenig classes for puppies and you can continue your training with them once your puppy graduates out of the puppy class. The instructors are accredited and there are also certified behaviourists there as well.

Good luck and I do really hope you find your Ginger!

Hi ViVien,

So sorry to hear about Ginger. I hope that she turns up safe and sound very soon.

Is that the new pup on your avatar? She's gorgous! Nothing like a new puppy to keep you occupied.

With the puppy school, I would recommend you visit Four Paws K9 Training. They are located in Keilor Park and Diggers Rest. They have Saturday morning and Wednesday evenig classes for puppies and you can continue your training with them once your puppy graduates out of the puppy class. The instructors are accredited and there are also certified behaviourists there as well.

Good luck and I do really hope you find your Ginger!

fido666,

Maybe you can go to the Lost and Found section in this forum then maybe you can get a glimpse of what I have done so far. I really am not looking forward to people trying to say I am doing things in rush or I have forgotten about Ginger, BECAUSE I HAVE NOT. As a dog lover yourself, you should know some of the hurtful thing people might say when you have lost a dog. I really do not want people to think that I do not love Ginger or I have stopped searching for her BECAUSE I DO AND STILL AM.

Sorry, but these past few weeks have been a roller coaster ride for me. I just think why can't I have the chance again to have another dog? I missed the "pitter patter" sounds on the wooden floor, I missed having fur on my clothes, I missed playing with my dog. And it hurts me so much not to do that anymore. I do miss and love her very much, and I really have try my best to find her back, but I can only do that much due to my limited resources. I just want to make this very clear.

Sorry if I sound rude because this is not my intention, I just want people, especially you dog lovers not to misunderstood me.

Sorry Vivien, I do not routinely frequent the Lost and Found section, hence why I asked the question. I did not intend to convey the impression you did not love Ginger, having helped a friend whose dog was missing for many weeks I know how emotional and stressful this time can be. I have lost dogs myself, luckily each time we have been reunited. I was only trying to encourage you to not give up hope that Ginger may yet be found, my apologies if it did not seem that way.

Regards,

Corine

fido666,

Sorry Vivien, I do not routinely frequent the Lost and Found section, hence why I asked the question. I did not intend to convey the impression you did not love Ginger, having helped a friend whose dog was missing for many weeks I know how emotional and stressful this time can be. I have lost dogs myself, luckily each time we have been reunited. I was only trying to encourage you to not give up hope that Ginger may yet be found, my apologies if it did not seem that way.

Regards,

Corine

Corine,

My apologies for misunderstood your words. I am really sorry for that. Having Ginger lost and 2 brand new pups now to train is having its toll on me. :laugh:

I will never give up hope in finding Ginger. I miss her always and pray everyday for her to return home. I cannot convey in words how much I want her to be at home now, my heart is just very fragile now and I apologize to you if you are upset because of what I say.

:laugh: I personally wouldn't have bought a new dog/puppy so soon (2 weeks)...especially TWO puppies. I hope OH contributes to the training of them, otherwise it's mayhem trying to do it by yourself.

Just a question....If Ginger does show up, will you take her back? I mean, you'll have 3 dogs then :laugh:

Good luck with your training though.

:laugh: I personally wouldn't have bought a new dog/puppy so soon (2 weeks)...especially TWO puppies. I hope OH contributes to the training of them, otherwise it's mayhem trying to do it by yourself.

Just a question....If Ginger does show up, will you take her back? I mean, you'll have 3 dogs then :laugh:

Good luck with your training though.

I think the question that you asked me is pretty silly and offensive. I feel SO OFFENDED that you can even think of asking me that.

OF COURSE I WOULD BE OFFENDED!!

Who wouldn't be??? WHY DID YOU EVEN THINK OF ASKING THAT TYPE OF QUESTION??? It's like coming from a 5-year-old with the mentality that puppies are cute and fluffy and dogs are big and fierce.

You have NO FREAKING IDEA how much I cried for Ginger during... OMG. WHY DO I NEED TO KEEP EXPLAINING MYSELF OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Do you find me asking you "Why do you have 2 dogs?" It is such a silly question. Of course I will be having problem training 2 puppies. WHO WOULDNT?? Its like asking a couple who have a missing child but having twins at the same time. WOULD YOU ASK THEM THE SAME QUESTION YOU ARE ASKING ME NOW??

Hang in there, ViVien - you have been, and continue to do everything you can to find Ginger (send me the flyer too, and I'll put it up in the shop tomorrow) - the emotional toll is huge when searching for a lost loved one. You're getting some great advice and support from a range of people so hopefully your lovely girl will be reunited with you soon. I have a friend in Melton Council so will call her tomorrow as well.

Perhaps those of us reading ViVien's posts can be conscious of our words and imagine how we might feel in the same position.

:laugh:

Sags

edited for spelling

Edited by Sagittarian

Sagittarian,

Thank you so much. Your words means so much to me. I am really going through a lot and thank you for understanding. Really. This is why I love this website, it is because of people like you.

I have been trying to PM you several times a few times today and a few times a couple of days ago but have been unsuccessful. I'm not sure why. Did you get any of my PM at all?

Could you please PM me your email address?

I'm over the other side of Melbourne so my obed school would be too far but I just wanted to say that though cats and dogs are very different, my cat went missing a few years ago and in my many trips to the pound we ended up getting 2 cats (12 m and 18 m)

Everyone asked us if we would take them back if Mort came home and it was very very upsetting

Turned out that Mort came home the day after I picked up Nettie and Blos from having their desexing, and I was rapt, I now have 3 cats - all who are loved and none who I would regret having

It all happened over a space of Mort being gone for only 8 days - I say only 8 days but at the time it felt like 8 years as I was devestated, I wasn't functioning

So now after all that rambling none of us know how we will react when we lose a loved one, and none should judge too quickly as all we know of each other here is what we type and I certainly never thought i would do what I did, but I do not regret it

Vivien, good luck with Ginger and the two new terrors

Get them into training early and put lots of time andf love into it and I'm sure you will be ok (even though they are gr's :laugh: who will take 10 years to get out of puppy hood! LOL :laugh: )

Edited by shoemonster

I'm over the other side of Melbourne so my obed school would be too far but I just wanted to say that though cats and dogs are very different, my cat went missing a few years ago and in my many trips to the pound we ended up getting 2 cats (12 m and 18 m)

Everyone asked us if we would take them back if Mort came home and it was very very upsetting

Turned out that Mort came home the day after I picked up Nettie and Blos from having their desexing, and I was rapt, I now have 3 cats - all who are loved and none who I would regret having

It all happened over a space of Mort being gone for only 8 days - I say only 8 days but at the time it felt like 8 years as I was devestated, I wasn't functioning

So now after all that rambling none of us know how we will react when we lose a loved one, and none should judge too quickly as all we know of each other here is what we type and I certainly never thought i would do what I did, but I do not regret it

Vivien, good luck with Ginger and the two new terrors

Get them into training early and put lots of time andf love into it and I'm sure you will be ok (even though they are gr's :D who will take 10 years to get out of puppy hood! LOL :D )

shoemonster,

It really is upseting when people ask questions like that, maybe they just don't get it. You're right, days will be like years when your pet is gone missing. And you hit the nail right in the head when you said "I wasn't functioning". That is how I felt and I do not wish that my worst enemy to feel the same way I did (and still am even a little less now because I have 2 pups to be content with).

Thanks for the luck and I am definitely putting lotsa lotsa time on them!! :o