Advantix Not Working

I have been useing advantix for the past four months to control the usual parasites, how ever, it doesn't seem to be working,before i was using frontline plus then switched to include mosie and tick,both in my area, but the problem is fleas, i applied the product last monday and the fleas are back today .my dogs are in the 25 to 32kg weight range im using the product for over 30kg . i never had a problem with frontline. i havnt washed the dogs since applying the product, cant find any in the bedding but it is supposed to clear that also, they get their flea prevention every month without fail,its only been the last 2 months ive had the problem, has anyone else had any problems with it or what do you all recomend, im going back to the other i think.

Wonder if you've got a dodgy packet? We've been using it for about 2 years and never had a problem.

I do however know a dog that gets fleas on any product. The fleas seem to be a bit crazy at the moment though.

funny but I was using Frontline on my dog and he still had fleas. So I bought Advantix and no more fleas so I'm happy with the product.

I guess it's like humans though, some products work for some, some for others so maybe Frontline is the way to go for your guys.

My Lab boy has a flea allergy and I used to use Frontline, but found over time it was becoming ineffective. My vet recommended Advantix and we switched over to this about 7months ago and haven't had a problem since. My vet also advised that he was having an increasing number of patients complaining about the ineffectiveness of Frontline, but also tempered that with comments about fleas being on the increase and becoming more of problem. I have friends who swear by Frontline and have no problems, so I guess like all things it works for some and not others. Use what works for your dogs.

I don't know if this help's,please shoot me if not,but i have never used any of those product's on my dog's.My vet started my dog's on sentinel tablet's when they were puppies,which also cover's worm's and heartworm and they have never had a flea on them in 2 1/2 year's,i wouldn't use anything else JMHO ;) I am only a humble pet owner.

Cheer's Tina

I found Frontline was getting ineffective...& changed to Advantix. But this is how it works best for our 2 tibs.

1. In the really bad flea season, I apply it every couple of weeks.

2. I cut the hair back for an area about the size of a 50 cent coin in 2 places. One between their shoulders & the other on back between hips (where they can't lick it off). That stops the stuff running off along the hairs & gets it to the most flea-y places, rear end & top end. I can comb over the cut spots.

3. If I notice a flea towards the end period of an application, I give the dog a Capstar tablet (vet suggested this.)

Tests done by Bayer show that Advantix is slightly more effective on fleas than Advantage, however some customers are claiming it's the other way around. If it's not working, why not switch back to Frontline if that worked?

I use ADVANTIX on both my dogs , and NO FLEAS !!! , i use to frontline , but still had a mild flea problem . so i switched over to advantix and wella ' .

But as everyone has been saying what works for some , may not work for you . Just use what has been working for you .

Not too far away from you!

I have been using Advantix for a year now, and with four shelties and a birman cat, all long hair, I havent seen a flea on them at all (not that I use advantix for the cat).

I have bought from a vet clinic here before I got onto the net, and have bought from vetproductsdirect and pricelesspets and not had problem, so perhaps a packet problem?.

As a matter of interest have bathed three dogs today all in Beerwah and all complained of flea problems, seems it is an enviornment problem with them as all have been treating them.

I was using advantix every two weeks on my dog and he was still getting fleas :D

the vet and the people in the pet shop were shocked and said they had never heard of that before

but after about 6 months of using advantix theres no fleas on him now. I dont know whether the product worked better over time for anyone else though

we also put half on neck and half on top of the hips (just push the hair back) even though he is only a toy dog

I was using Frontline with no problems but decided to try Adantix. Over summer I commpared the two products and found that with Advantix, after 2 weeks the dogs woud start scratching and if I left it for 4 weeks 1 dog woud start tearing fur out he was that bad. With Frontline I coud go almost the whole 4 weeks before the scratching started. I have never seen fleas or flea dirt on them.

Have a critical look around, fleas may be in dirt, carpet, bedding, even if you don't see them. Small amount will be killed by spot-treatments, but if there's a large source of reinfestation, you will get them again and again.

Not too far away from you!

I have been using Advantix for a year now, and with four shelties and a birman cat, all long hair, I havent seen a flea on them at all (not that I use advantix for the cat).

I have bought from a vet clinic here before I got onto the net, and have bought from vetproductsdirect and pricelesspets and not had problem, so perhaps a packet problem?.

As a matter of interest have bathed three dogs today all in Beerwah and all complained of flea problems, seems it is an enviornment problem with them as all have been treating them.

We don't have any fleas here Panda - but we're Glass House side of Beerwah LOL. Maybe the fleas are too lazy to cross over the big big mountain hahaha!!! But then again, we give our dogs a size larger of frontline (40-60kg) than their size, plus a capstar after going to dog park etc.

-WithEverythingIAm

We have never had a problem with ticks or flea's until I sent my Goldie to the breeder over Christmas while we went on holidays. When we picked him up the breeder informed me he had ticks :rofl: at his place (I wish he told me before I dropped my boy off). My poor boy had about 20 ticks on him, which we removed, and used Advantix on him the same day we brought him home. Despite using Advantix we have had a constant problem with ticks ever since. Our Goldie is an inside dog, sleeping in a crate in my sons room at night, and our 2 GSD's are outside dogs. Our GSD's have never had a tick on them (I am using Advantix on them as a precaution). Now the weather has cooled down the ticks don't seem to be around, although I will continue to treat him every 2 weeks just to be on the safe side. I have been in touch with Bayer (very helpful people) and they tell me it's not 100% protective and sent me a tablet to dilute in water and spray in my sons room as that seems to be where the problem is. The directions say to wear protective clothing, and you may feel numbness in the face if it comes in contact with skin. I decided the ticks were the safer option and have not sprayed the room. I was impressed with how helpful :rofl: the guy from Bayer was though and I would definately recommend anyone who has a problem with a Bayer product not to hesitate giving them a ring as they will do their best to help wherever possible. By the way, has anyone got any advice re the tick problem. I have used the tick collar which is useless .

I recently read an article in a UK magazine that said that fleas in Florida have become resistant to spot-on flea treatments. That was one of the arguments in the UK against relaxing the regulations so that certain medications and treatments could be bought elsewhere than on prescription or from the vet. The other thing the article said was that long term use wasn't a good idea because of possible adverse effects on the dog.

The trouble is that once you've got fleas, they're so hard to shift that treatment can tend to be long term. I've just moved into a house where the previous dogs had fleas and one of my poor dogs is scratching madly despite Advantage, flea bombs, spraying the carpets... Though I suppose there could also be an environmental allergy at work too....

We have never had a problem with ticks or flea's until I sent my Goldie to the breeder over Christmas while we went on holidays. When we picked him up the breeder informed me he had ticks :rofl: at his place (I wish he told me before I dropped my boy off). My poor boy had about 20 ticks on him, which we removed, and used Advantix on him the same day we brought him home. Despite using Advantix we have had a constant problem with ticks ever since. Our Goldie is an inside dog, sleeping in a crate in my sons room at night, and our 2 GSD's are outside dogs. Our GSD's have never had a tick on them (I am using Advantix on them as a precaution). Now the weather has cooled down the ticks don't seem to be around, although I will continue to treat him every 2 weeks just to be on the safe side. I have been in touch with Bayer (very helpful people) and they tell me it's not 100% protective and sent me a tablet to dilute in water and spray in my sons room as that seems to be where the problem is. The directions say to wear protective clothing, and you may feel numbness in the face if it comes in contact with skin. I decided the ticks were the safer option and have not sprayed the room. I was impressed with how helpful :rofl: the guy from Bayer was though and I would definately recommend anyone who has a problem with a Bayer product not to hesitate giving them a ring as they will do their best to help wherever possible. By the way, has anyone got any advice re the tick problem. I have used the tick collar which is useless .

Proban? Also a product called Permoxin - enquire at your vets/pet supplies places.

-WithEverythingIAm