Thunder

Springers And Field Spaniels

5,587 posts in this topic

trifecta   

There is a Springer in the pound at Queanbeyan, near Canberra, who is becoming increasingly urgent. A desexed male, he was surrendered by his owners. There is some confusion as to age, but interested parties should talk to the rangers on 02 62856269.

The pound website is disappointingly not up to date, but I can email a poster through if anyone wants to see a pic :)

Is the breeder of the dog known?

I don't know, if there is a Springer rescue, perhaps they can liaise with the pound? Queanbeyan pound rangers are very accommodating and strive to get the best outcome for the dogs.

trifecta   

Can someone let Rescue know? He's only 3! Why would they surrender him. I hope he finds a good home.

There is some confusion as to age, possibly 3 or could be 9 years of age :confused:

ncarter   

I would love to add a springer to the family at some stage. Only problem is I have the papillon who is a bit over 3kg. How much care and diligence I am going to have to take during the springers puppyhood I am not sure. Has anyone has any experience with raising a springer puppy with an older toy breed dog?

Thunder   

Hi Ladies and Gents, does anyone know if there are any breeders planning a Field litter in the next 12 months please?

I'm planning one for late 2016/early 2017.

I would say there would be others planning litters but I'm not sure when.

Ooh. Exciting. Which bitch and which dog?

It will be a litter out of Dare

oooh, any pitter patter of little paws yet PC?

poochmad   

That sucks. How long is your waiting list as Henschke is 9 this year and hubby wants another one (but not yet).

poocow   
5 minutes ago, poochmad said:

That sucks. How long is your waiting list as Henschke is 9 this year and hubby wants another one (but not yet).

Its pretty interchangeable as some people that say they are waiting for one end up either getting one from someone else or going to a different breed altogether. 

Moo turns 8 this year - scary!

Thunder   
On 16/01/2017 at 2:51 PM, poocow said:

Its pretty interchangeable as some people that say they are waiting for one end up either getting one from someone else or going to a different breed altogether. 

Moo turns 8 this year - scary!

Well that's disappointing :(

One of my coworkers got a Filed Spaniel puppy last year (he's adorable), so I've been getting my field spaniel puppy photo fix.

I cant believe Moo is turning 8 this year!  I can still remember her baby puppy pics.  Then again, Chuck is still going strong at 15 now - He'll be 16 in September this year.  We're still considering a new puppy, but the debate is still going on whether it will be a Fieldie or another Springer.

poocow   

Do you know where from?  Guessing Meadowbriar?

I know, time goes way too fast! I can still remember baby Moo. Wow go Chuck! Darcy turns 14 next week!

Tint   

Those with experience, at what age (on average) does a Field Spaniel bitch go into season for the first time?

poochmad   
On 22 January 2017 at 2:51 AM, Thunder said:

Well that's disappointing :(

One of my coworkers got a Filed Spaniel puppy last year (he's adorable), so I've been getting my field spaniel puppy photo fix.

I cant believe Moo is turning 8 this year!  I can still remember her baby puppy pics.  Then again, Chuck is still going strong at 15 now - He'll be 16 in September this year.  We're still considering a new puppy, but the debate is still going on whether it will be a Fieldie or another Springer.

There's a litter of Field Spaniels available right now.

i think it's the first time I've seen a litter advertised.

we got our boy, Henschke from them and he's stunning. 

poocow   
20 hours ago, Tint said:

Those with experience, at what age (on average) does a Field Spaniel bitch go into season for the first time?

Generally around 9-18 months. Just depends on the bitch really.

poocow   
20 hours ago, poochmad said:

I know, Moo is Jindi's sister.  She will be my forever special dog. I love her to bits. 

I would be lost without my Moo, she's my heart dog. Even Ruth comments on the bond we have.

Thunder   
On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:05 PM, poochmad said:

There's a litter of Field Spaniels available right now.

i think it's the first time I've seen a litter advertised.

we got our boy, Henschke from them and he's stunning. 

The litter of Field spaniels is very tempting,  unfortunately my brother might have to move in with his dog soon, so I'll have to wait for now and see how they settle in first.

poochmad   

Yay!

now I can post photos!

coming up, Henschke (male Field Spaniel) and Jindi (female Fieldie). She is black, one of the unusual colours...can you believe it? 

She is my baby and the best dog I've ever owned.

she used to be really shy of people, but she's actually pretty good now.

image.thumb.jpeg.75c8139f5656a04e88bdcf87413827b2.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by poochmad
  • Like 1