Thunder

Springers And Field Spaniels

5,587 posts in this topic

poocow   

Really glad that Jindi has improved - Moo has always loved people, they just might have snacks :laugh:

poochmad   

Yeah, Jindi is wonderful.

i keep telling hubby we should put our name down for a pup since Henschke is now 10. 

poocow   
On 7/13/2017 at 10:29 PM, poochmad said:

i keep telling hubby we should put our name down for a pup since Henschke is now 10. 

Wow time flies, didn't realise Henschke was 10 now, but Moo is 8 so it makes sense.

I now have a Moo granddaughter "Dora" - shes Rusty's daughter.

Dora.jpg

• Like 4

ncarter   

nice pic. Hey may I ask what are the some of the perhaps more subtle differences in temperament between cockers and springers?

1 hour ago, ncarter said:

nice pic. Hey may I ask what are the some of the perhaps more subtle differences in temperament between cockers and springers?

Working or show lines?

poochmad   

Thistle, he looks beautiful.

they have such a gorgeous face. It's like the eyes can read your soul.

poochmad   

Henschke has a suspicious lump being removed on Wednesday.

lots of fingers, toes and paws being crossed that it's just a scare.

• Like 1

Everything crossed. 

Thyme seems to have started his 8 month old fear period. Is there anything in particular I should be mindful for a spaniel pup? Any timeline guidance or they all individuals?

hs had a panic at obedience workshop yesterday although I've no idea what triggered it. There was nothing new going on. He alternated between slight vigilance then would suddenly be alarmed and want to go. Then back to laying about a little twitchier than usual. 

hes usually quite a self confident silly boy with minimal concerns beyond starvation and *seeing* me leave. Well that and the heater, he's been worried about that since I bought it 2 months ago but he's not over the top so not too fussed. 

Never had a pup before so not sure what to expect. 

Didnt really notice a fear period when he was younger. 

poocow   
On 8/27/2017 at 10:43 PM, poochmad said:

Henschke has a suspicious lump being removed on Wednesday.

lots of fingers, toes and paws being crossed that it's just a scare.

Fingers crossed. 

Moo has had a few lumps removed - all benign

poocow   

Just wanted to share some professional photos I had done of Moo, absolutely lovely them

moo1dol.jpg

moo2dol.jpg

moo3dol.jpg

moo4dol.jpg

• Like 4

poocow   
20 hours ago, poochmad said:

Stunning photos as always.

can I ask who the photographer was?

Amber Jade Aanensen - shes from the US and flew over for the QLD Aussie Specialty. A once in a lifetime opportunity to get shots from her.

Moo has had a good Royal season this year - taking out Bitch Challenge at all 3 East Coast Royals - Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne. Not bad for an 8 year old! In Melbourne she was double the age of the next oldest competitor.

Thunder   

Wow PC- those are some amazing photos of Moo- she looks so mature and regal, and congrats on the adorable babies! soo cute...you've going to make me clucky looking at those photosone of the ladies in my office has a fieldie, so i usually get my fix through her photos.

In sadder news, last year my beautiful boy Chuck passed away- he was a few months shy of 16.  and a few months after that Mav (Cocker) also passed away very suddenly at 12.5

5a54a638dbb84_IMG_3465(2)-Copy-Copy.thumb.JPG.bdb07ceebe1f24396d503e920d79dd5c.JPG

• Sad 3