Stroke

Well the news is not so good. Maddie is at the vet on a drip. We are waiting for bloodwork to come back. Diabetes, kidney problems or an inner ear infection (not likely) are being touted. She went down hill again, so will stay at vet till sorted. Poor little old chookie...

Oh Rozzie .... I'm sorry things are not turning out quite as good as you had thought. But at least Maddie is with the Vets and receiving special care while they are sorting out what the cause of this strange occurrence is. I truley hope it is something fairly easily treated and that Maddie will be returning to full health and bossing Keera around again very soon. Let us know how she goes.

My parents old Chi had the odd seizure in his later years, recovered from them ok.

Is there any chance it was something pressing on a nerve in her spine down one side? Was the head following the body perhaps or was it truly floppy. A low stress lifestyle will help and gentle exercise.

She was like her old self when I visited her at evts.

Saturday night she was really lopsided. Have had a dog who had seizures and this was different...

Will go and visit her again tomorrow.

She's not eating and still on the drip...

Rozzie, here's a link to a really nice Natural Health for Dog site. If you page down a bit it discusses Hypoglycemia, low blood sugar as a possible factor in seizure type things. It could have been a Petit Mal epileptic type seizure.

Anyway, they suggest the dog has a number of small regular meals throughout the day, instead of one or two main meals. It looked interesting to me.

Hope Maddie comes home soon.

The link hypoglycemia link

Edited by Abergavenny